Public benefits in New York and aid for my family

State and local government assistance programs.
Virginia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Public benefits in New York and aid for my family

Post by Virginia »

I live in Cheektowaga, NY, a suburb of Buffalo.
I am disabled. I receive SSI and have 2 children that receive cash and SNAP benefits from public assistance. In July our SNAP benefits had been reduced. I have been having trouble make ends meet because I have to pay cash for transportation to medical appointments and grocery shopping. I had to take my van off the road because it didn't pass inspection. I DESPERATELY NEED transportation, I am hoping to find assistance in the form of a small loan to repair my vehicle or buy a another used car.

My children and I are suffering physically, mentally, emotionally from not having a car. Having a vehicle is no longer a luxury. It is a necessity!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Public benefits in New York and aid for my family

Post by Admin »

If you are already on SSI, then you are in effect on benefits and know how to call. The Cheektowaga office may be able to arrange some local transportation for you in New York, and that is not public assistance. But it is something to look into from social services. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Rinaldi

Post by Rinaldi »

Hello, I live in NY State and I recently got diagnosed with stage 4 multiple melanoma in November of 2015 and as a result I am unable to work and maintain my financial obligations. I have exhausted all of my savings and I am seeking public assistance in helping me pay for them or have someone point me in the direction where I can receive the help I'm seeking. Thank you and God bless.
Makeligh

Post by Makeligh »

My daughter and I came down here for a better life and she received a Transfer. I left my job in new York because we could not afford the rent any more. Her job fell through. A total of 3 different stores rejected her within 2 weeks.
I fell deathly ill and developed a flesh eating virus and have not able to work. I filled applications for public benefits as well as a job on line and received no offers until this week. My daughter finally got 2 part time jobs but her pay doesn't cover the rent. I am now ready to work; just waiting on interviews but I am in final eviction and am scared to death of returning to a shelter again. I left New York for that reason. I need help from government benefits.
Marley

Post by Marley »

Dear sir or madam,
The reason I’m writing this urgent letter is because me and my 17 months old daughter are left with nothing in hand. It’s quite a long story I need to explain to you, because no one is helping us.
I and my daughter are the public assistance recipient of New York State, New York city, Queens County. The first incident happened on 07/21/18, I found out there was 136 dollars cash missing from my EBT card account , I didn't use that money, so I call the EBT center with the number behind my card, I report that the cash was taken from my card, the EBT center faffs member checked the transaction from my card, and told me that 136 dollars cash was deposited into my account on 09/21/18, and that morning around 6:15am someone had access of my card and spent those cash money from my card at a ride aid store at linden Blvd. new York, that location is so far away from my home, another strange thing is that ride aid store is not even open to public at that hour. It’s so obvious someone has my card information and stole my money used in that store, since that was not the normal business hour, I guess it must be someone who works in that store. The EBT center has all these information and said will file a disabuse for me in 10 business day I will get a reply. However, they obviously didn't do any investigation, because this morning my card' s money cash 120 dollars and 300 dollars food stamp got stolen again, so ironic, it happened at the same time, same store, plus one more ride aid store at that area. This was told to me from the EBT center staff this morning when I call them to finding what happen again to my money from the benefit card. The staff who answered my call told me that my account was used by someone use the keypad to manually put in my card number, and don't have to know my pin number, that must be a person work in that store. But, the only thing they can do is file a disabuse for me again, even though it’s clearly shown that it’s a criminal fraudulent there. The first one I haven't getting any answer and reimbursement, now the second one happened, if they did the thorough investigation, this second incident wouldn't be happen today, I’m the
Victim here, my daughter is only 17 months old, we depending on these benefits to live, what are we going to do now? How can we live without any money and food, it’s not right the public EBT takes God knows how long to go thru this process, meanwhile we are struggling to live without benefits.
Now, they canceled my card and told me to get a new card from the local center.
I’m here to asking you or whoever can do something about this, see if can push the EBT center to resolve the 2 incidence with our public aid, call the New York police will be so easy to find out who did all those stealing, and reimburse my lost, or while I'm waiting for the answer, can I get some help with cash and food stamp in order to let us live.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
NinaSky

Post by NinaSky »

Hi,  I live in Philadelphia N.Y and I am trying to find an agency that will help me besides the local Department of Social Services in Watertown N.Y. I want to explain a little I applied to them for public benefits and they were helping me by paying my rent as long as I went to Credo community center. Tt's a drug and alcohol place I asked why and they said because I had a past history of drug abuse. I am 100% open and homes with everyone about my past. My Dr knows D.S.S so I say ok because I wasn't given any other option for public benefits in NY so I went and I never gave a dirty urine as I've been clean and sober for almost 8 years. Anyway I don't have a license or a car because I made a lot of dumb and bad choices and I don't have any family up here they live in Mass. So, I was using medicate transportation and that got all messed up the maps they use does not have my address listed and I told them any have them directions and every time I would get a different driver and they would either not show or be late because they are driving around. So, I got kicked out for not complying with the rules so D.S.S canceled my financial aid help with rent. Anyway, I know I am to blame for the situation I am in because I am a recovering addict who is an ex-con and that's the bottom line. But the credo thing was not fair I did everything I could. I don't know what to do or if there is anyone else who will help me. I don't want handouts or something for nothing. I just need some help like if I was anyone else who has fallen on hard times. Sorry for the niello if you know of anyone or any place or organization that will be willing to help me or something anything I don't have a lot of time until I'm going to be evicted...I understand if you don't have or know anyone.
Thank you for your time.