Delay in support from community action groups in New Jersey

State and local government assistance programs.
Malawai
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Delay in support from community action groups in New Jersey

Post by Malawai »

I am writing to day to ask if you might be able to help my son and I catch up with our rent in New Jersey. I receive unemployment and every time there is a new extension it takes 3-4 weeks before I receive a check from the community action agency. Needless to say I am behind on July rent. Please if there is anything you can do to help I would be greatly appreciated.
Guyoda

Re: Delay in support from community action groups in New Jer

Post by Guyoda »

Hello, I reside in Plainfield N.J. I lost my job December 20, 2013 and collected unemployment from April and until now. In that time period I had applied for jobs, but with no success. I did find job a that trains you to have your own business. I did that from April 8, 2014 until August 27, 2014. It is a 6 to 8 week program. It is a marketing company that specializes in fragrances. It is a good program if you are young with no bills and living home with your parent's , but unfortunately I'm 54 years old with a teenage daughter and I am married.
The program does not pay for training and you only get paid if you sale the perfume. Well my bills suffered tremendously. Even though I am married my husband's salary is not enough to maintain our monthly bills. I truly am in need of financial help. I know there are millions of Americans like myself that are in need of help. If by someway there is funds available I would to get help financially for my husband and I to catch up on our bills.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Delay in support from community action groups in New Jer

Post by Admin »

That is good for you to acknowledge the millions of people that are also struggling. Many people in New jersey also need assistance, and while a community action agency is always a good resource, they are limited in what they can do. If you need short term funds for the training, and you know your income will definitely increase to justify that, have you considered a loan from say SBA or a government agency in NEw Jersey? Or even student financing? they may be options, and staff from community action can direct you to those. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html
Zebra

Re: Delay in support from community action groups in New Jersey

Post by Zebra »

Hello, I lost my job two years ago. I was in a vehicle accident in New Jersey and badly injured left for dead. God were there for me. I have several disabilities. I suffer from silent reflex. I cannot speak clearly. I have asthma I am 52 years old and I have suffer with this disease all my life.
I can barely walk because of accident. I have no friends. I have lost nearly everything I once owned. I am waiting on disability benefits from the community action agency in New Jersey. I am in need financially. My request please help me ASAP. This is my request, and please help thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The community action agency does not process disability, so not sure what you mean. But they have other services, and find help from New Jersey community action agencies with bills, benefits, and more. Also, if you were in a car accident, what about insurance payments. Anyway, try the agencies we listed on the site.
Zebra wrote:Hello, I lost my job two years ago. I was in a vehicle accident in New Jersey and badly injured left for dead. God were there for me. I have several disabilities. I suffer from silent reflex. I cannot speak clearly. I have asthma I am 52 years old and I have suffer with this disease all my life.
I can barely walk because of accident. I have no friends. I have lost nearly everything I once owned. I am waiting on disability benefits from the community action agency in New Jersey. I am in need financially. My request please help me ASAP. This is my request, and please help thank you.
P Palmer

Post by P Palmer »

Hi,
I am an 8 month pregnant mother of 2. I am currently out of work and trying to getting short term disability from community action because my workman’s comp stopped sometime in February. I am about to lose my house, my cable is turned off, my car insurance lapsed And I'm having a really hard time with getting social services to help. Can you please tell me any names of community action organizations in northern NJ that could maybe help us before were homeless? I'm desperate and don't know where to turn.