Need Christmas gifts while waiting on first paycheck

State and local government assistance programs.
Indy One
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need Christmas gifts while waiting on first paycheck

Post by Indy One »

I am in desperate need of help.

I am a single mother with four children, and in horrible financial struggle. My main concern is being able to provide Christmas for my children this year. The younger two still believe in Santa.

I have just started a new job after being laid off in July. We lost our home. Its the goodness of friends that have allowed us a place to stay.

I'm not sure what resources are in my area (Athens, Texas).

Any help you could offer would be amazing!

Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Christmas gifts while waiting on first paycheck

Post by Admin »

There are places to try in San Antonio Texas, which we think is near you. There are usually some donation programs for toys, food, and the like, but you may be too late. Also, there may not be items for all 4 children, as that is quite a lot. But call around, and find Christmas aid in San Antonio.
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

My boys need to have a decent Christmas if at all possible. I know this is usually something thought of and applied for
sooner but I did not anticipate being in the financial drought as I am currently. I just want them to have something
simple as we do not have a paycheck. We are not materialistic people but Christmas should be fun for kids. Thank you for taking the time to read
this. Hopefully you could assist me with direction of where I should go. God Bless.
sasolis

Post by sasolis »

Confused this is being posted in Feb?
TheSmiths

Post by TheSmiths »

Our Daughter passed away 3 years ago. She was murdered in Detroit, Michigan. We are raising her 3 children because their father is unable to properly provide for them as he is waiting on a new job and the first paycheck for it. My husband got laid off from his job the day before Thanksgiving! These year I have already had to endure more than some people do in a lifetime! Even if my husband finds a job tomorrow, he won't get much of a check before Christmas. I would love to see them get new coats and boots and at least one toy each. I'm terrified that we won't have time to earn money for Christmas gifts. We live in Flat Rock, Michigan.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great of you to raise here 3 children. Not only are you helping during Christmas, but also providing for them year round. That is a great thing you are doing. There are free toys for those in need as well as gift cards, vouchers, and more. Apply to the programs, but start early as you have 3 girls you are trying to get gifts for.
TheSmiths wrote:Our Daughter passed away 3 years ago. She was murdered in Detroit, Michigan. We are raising her 3 children because their father is unable to properly provide for them as he is waiting on a new job and the first paycheck for it. My husband got laid off from his job the day before Thanksgiving! These year I have already had to endure more than some people do in a lifetime! Even if my husband finds a job tomorrow, he won't get much of a check before Christmas. I would love to see them get new coats and boots and at least one toy each. I'm terrified that we won't have time to earn money for Christmas gifts. We live in Flat Rock, Michigan.
Kira Noir

Post by Kira Noir »

Help Please!!! I am a single mother and I don't have any Christmas for my kids while I wait on the first paycheck. My rent is behind. I'm about to lose my car as no paycheck My TANF is only 295. I'm not back to work yet since I had baby in June due to nursing job stress and trying to take care of a premature baby. I finally scrounged up enough money to renew my nursing license expired on November 30th waiting for that to reinstate so that I can get back to work as normal. I'm begging for Christmas gift help as if I can't get maintained for a short period I'm going to lose everything.