VA benefits have ended for several months

State and local government assistance programs.
Androsemom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

VA benefits have ended for several months

Post by Androsemom »

I am a military widow mother of 4. Back in October my VA benefits were stopped. They are telling me its going to take 5 to 8 months to get reinstated in to the system.

I've been trying to find different places for help but have had no luck. I have no electricity now. For some weeks water I haven't had in over two months. My gas was shut off as well. I have been going to a friend house to shower and eat. It is winter and its just getting colder and we cant be there. I would like to see if there’s any way possible that I would be able to get some assistance. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: VA benefits have ended for several months

Post by Admin »

There are various assistance programs for veterans, both nationwide and in your state of Florida. While we are not sure if they cover a widow, we assume so. But you need to call them and inquire. Also look into LIHEAP for the electricity at the same time you apply for Florida financial aid for veterans.
Androsemom wrote:I am a military widow mother of 4. Back in October my VA benefits were stopped. They are telling me its going to take 5 to 8 months to get reinstated in to the system.

I've been trying to find different places for help but have had no luck. I have no electricity now. For some weeks water I haven't had in over two months. My gas was shut off as well. I have been going to a friend house to shower and eat. It is winter and its just getting colder and we cant be there. I would like to see if there’s any way possible that I would be able to get some assistance. Thank you.
Bella1

Post by Bella1 »

I am a service connected disabled Veteran. I can no longer work because my service connected injury has caused other injuries. I am rated at 20%. I am fighting with the VA to get an increase, but the process is slow going we barely scrape by we have no money for food so with help to pay utilities and rent that would no longer be a problem. I need help please!
HarryS

Post by HarryS »

Hi, my name is Tracie and I am an army veteran with benefits that have ended. Due to my time in the service had to have 2 knee replacement surgeries and unable to work. I have VA benefits that ended but with bills my daughters’ school and her dental work and everyday expenses can't come up with the deposit to move. The home we are currently in they won't do month to month until I could get the money up and want us out by the first. We have been here over a year the lease is up and now struggling to get the money to move. My husband lost his job and is starting a new one but not in time to move. Please I am asking for help. They require 1st last and security of $1000 a month. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you had two knee replacements, that prevent you from working, then look into disability for veterans. As if you are a veteran you shroud never hesitate to use veteran programs, talk to VA, your state, and veteran focused groups. As you served the country and should get every single benefit you are entitled too.
HarryS wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:48 am Hi, my name is Tracie and I am an army veteran with benefits that have ended. Due to my time in the service had to have 2 knee replacement surgeries and unable to work.