Community action in South Carolina has a waiting list

State and local government assistance programs.
Winston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Community action in South Carolina has a waiting list

Post by Winston »

Good afternoon,

I just called Conway's programs like Waccamaw Community Action, Unites Way, etc... Waccamaw informed me that there is no help in this area of South Carolina! NONE. The option is to get on a waiting list for shelter, you go to shelter home & then the woods in MB.

Oh my God!! No assistance for rent, lights or meds!! I can apply for Food (Snaps) and I have but that going to take along time. I can't believe this. I have always been one To give!! I’ve given yearly to the United Way, Churches that help, Epilepsy foundation, & March of Dimes. I also at Christmas time sponsor family providing Christmas gifts, food and pay their rent for that month.. In one years time, my family and I have gone from helping to needing help and there's none!! I don't know what to do.. Thanks for trying.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Community action in South Carolina has a waiting list

Post by Admin »

There are many resources from the Waccamaw community action. If they have a waiting list, then ask the case manager for referrals to other programs in the region. Anyway, no one is entitled to anything, and yes, resources are limited and there are waiting lists for financial aid. Anyway, try the programs from Waccamaw.
Villers

Re: Community action in South Carolina has a waiting list

Post by Villers »

Hello, Both my roommate and I have both been laid off work in Columbia South Carolina. While waiting for 6 week penalty on unemployment to end I have no cash. Now my roommate has also been laid off so now he has to wait for unemployment process to begin, and he filed with the community action agency. In the meantime our rent is overdue. Can you help us or refer us to someone who can?