The community action in Ohio has programs

State and local government assistance programs.
Mybadder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

The community action in Ohio has programs

Post by Mybadder »

I called the Community Action in Danville to sign up for assistance with Heat, and to see if Section 8 was open yet. I did this in late September and was given an appointment for June 15, 2013, but to go to the Indiana Fair Grounds, that applications would not be done at the Danville location for Hendricks County.

I drove to the Fair Grounds to find out that they ran out of funding. I called and asked the Community action of Danville, and asked for my name and was told I would be put on a waiting list. I rent a Duplex and it is all electric thru Duke Energy. My bill is 490.00 and due the 17th of June.

I am unemployed and have been since September, meanwhile seeking a job with valid proof of documents sent to my email and I have printed them. I receive 94.00 a week for unemployment, and 304.00 a month for one child for child support. My other son I need SEVERE legal help in reference to that situation, which I cannot afford.

Currently, I am just trying to keep my bills paid up enough to keep a roof over our heads with heat and find a job. I read in the paper Section 8 will open for one day, June 12, 2013, and the first so many applicants will be able to fill out an application, then it will close again. I have never been in this bad of a financial position, and Work One in Plainfield is not the biggest help.

Any suggestions as a better work one who actually answers questions. I attend workshops, but it seems as though no one has any answers but to say once I complete all the required steps, then I may be able to talk to someone who can help me get back in school or get in a certification program. I know that’s what I want to do. And time is running out to apply.

I do not want to attend Ivy Tech again because I was not impressed in comparison to Somerset, a branch of UK, especially being a student with ADHD and Chronic Anxiety, it took me nearly a whole semester to get an appointment with TRIO Services which got cancelled. I attended Somerset and was immediately given an advisor in TRIO who found scholarships to assist me. I went from a 4.0 to 2.3 GPA. I need to re- take the Math part of the Compass test again, and English 101, as I dropped my online class.

I need some guidance and assistance right now to get a job and get on the right path where I was when I moved here. I am overwhelmed, as many are this time of the year, but if you knew everything outside of bills, one would be amazed. I don’t have extra money for Christmas gifts for my girls and I was not aware of the programs until it was too late. If you have any options for me, please let me know.. Rental options for June as well.
AsianGirl

Re: The community action in Ohio has programs

Post by AsianGirl »

I'm asking for help on paying my rent today and if you guys at community action can on my light bill please. We are seven people in a two bedroom apartment in Cleveland Ohio. I got laid off from my job. I have four kids ages 10, 8, 7, 4 and my girlfriend works at a grocery store. She gets paid 7.35 an hour, not enough to pay bills. My light bill is at 500.00 right now and it will be off tomorrow. Please I will appreciate it so much my kids and my girlfriend too. Thank you.
Juddah1

Re: The community action in Ohio has programs

Post by Juddah1 »

Good morning, my name is Tiana Franks and I am a struggling single mother of 4 living in Ohio. I am looking for any help I can find from the community action agency. I am currently on a housing program which is in jeopardy as of now due to payments I can’t make. I’m at risk for having my utilities shut off as well. I am trying to keep my faith that things are going to get better but it’s getting worse by the day. if you have any community action programs in Ohio that can help me in the least bit or know of any please help me, thank you
Tiana