Mom on disability

State and local government assistance programs.
chass
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mom on disability

Post by chass »

Hello,

I hope my email finds you well this afternoon. I'm writing this email on behalf of my mom who needs some help with some of her household bills. She is currently on disability and receives food stamps (not cash assistance) but it's not enough to cover the electric and propane bill. I know she won't call you unless I get information for her. Do you offer a program to help people like her? She has Med-Ed as her electric company. She has recently filled out an application for the propane but hasn't heard anything back yet.

I look forward to hearing from you and I'm hoping that you could help her!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mom on disability

Post by Admin »

Well, there are some different options. There are government programs in Tennessee that are focused on people with disabilities, and there are also agency on aging sites for the elderly. Between the two of these, they may be able to offer help for propane and fuel. So try those, and learn more.
Cameroon

Re: Mom on disability

Post by Cameroon »

Hi, I'm a single mom of 4, I'm in a bad situation. My job is letting me go tomorrow and I was just diagnosed with PTSD and anxiety and waiting for disability. I have not paid rent this month nor do I know how I'm going to pay it. I work for a family as a care taker and there having a lot of financial issues. I'm reaching out to anyone or anywhere for single mom resources. It would be so good to not stress and make myself sick just for a month to get more disability and not worry about rent.    Any help or guidance is appreciated.