Waiting on first pay check

State and local government assistance programs.
Train
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Waiting on first pay check

Post by Train »

I have called a few places and was told that men typically don't get financial assistance. I was recently laid off and am now a month behind in rent, and utilities (electric / water) I was just employed by Ohio county public schools, but was informed today my 1st check will be held one month. Since I took the job I am not eligible for unemployment benefits (one question is "have you started work for which you will be paid"). I have a 9 year old daughter (she will be 10 the 23rd) that lives with me 3-5 days each week ( I have joint custody) ... my question is, is there any help you can offer? I will not receive any income until June 30th.
Dax
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Waiting on first pay check

Post by Dax »

I need help in paying bills. I am so behind I can't get caught up. I am behind on my lot rent, etc. I have nothing left over from my payday and have to buy the least amount of food I can for my daughter and I. I am a single mom, always waiting on my paycheck. The GM plant I worked at closed and now the job I work at is over half of what I used to make. I am so tired of the struggle. Thank you.