Home health care for disabled member

State and local government assistance programs.
FreddieMac2
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home health care for disabled member

Post by FreddieMac2 »

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are the person that I need to be getting in contact with, but I have a sister, she is 14 years old, and when she was 22 months old she was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Infantile Spasms, as a Paraplegic, Mental Retardation, and has a G-Tube. Since the original diagnosis, she has suffered from many other complications, and gone through quite a few surgeries. She has the mind of a 6 month old baby, therefore she can not walk, talk, eat on her own, drink, anything. She is fully dependent on another person to take care of her.

The reason I am emailing you tonight, is because, recently, my mother, has had to quit her job, in order to take care of her, due to my grandparents, the ones that would watch her while my mother worked, getting too ill to keep watching her. My mother has no problem being here with my sister, its quite frankly, what she would love to be able to do every day. They have a very special relationship. We have always called my sister the miracle baby. She has made a huge impact on all of our lives, and is the best gift God could have ever given us, but now, I’m seeking out help.

Due to the fact that my mother had to quit her job, things have gotten quite hard. I'm searching for help, for my mom and my sister, and I have no idea where to start. My mother has tried to get home health, to get people to come out and sit with her so she can work, but no one will come help her. She got in contact with someone, about a year ago, and I'm sorry, but I'm not sure who that was, they gave her $1,000 to pay someone, but that eventually ran out. I'm trying to find out information about where to go to get her help, with a numerous amount of things.

More than anything, she would love for someone to help watch my sister so she can go back to work. She tries to say that she's making it okay, but I know it has to be hard. I try to help her as much as I can, but she will barely let me, seeing as she wants me to take care of myself, before I try to help her.

She can not go anywhere without help, because of the wheelchair that my sister has. Its heavy, and bulky, and requires two people to lift it into a car. She has tried to get a smaller one, that resembles a stroller, so she could take my sister out, and give them some different scenery than the walls of the house, but Medicaid would not pay for it. She also thought about getting the lift to put on the back of her car, but that was not covered either. Therefore, she and my sister are stuck at home.

There are a lot of other things that I'm trying to find information about, those are just the main few. If you have any information as to who might be able to help in any of these situations, could you please email me their information. I'm desperate to get her help. She's done so much for me, and sacrificed so much that she has wanted, for me and my sister, that I'm trying to help give her something back.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home health care for disabled member

Post by Admin »

You can start by using our main resource on benefits for the disabled. We have tons of programs listed by state, region, conditions, and more. There are resources for people with Epilepsy, mental issues, etc. even though what you have noted is quite a list. It is frankly even hard to believe.
But there are home care and care-giver programs for your sister. Some are free, others may require a small cost. But she can also apply for disability payments and other government benefits to try to offset those costs. And appeal the Medicaid ruling she had on the stroller/equipment too, as that seems off.
FreddieMac2 wrote:Hi,

I'm not sure if you are the person that I need to be getting in contact with, but I have a sister, she is 14 years old, and when she was 22 months old she was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy, Epilepsy, Infantile Spasms, as a Paraplegic, Mental Retardation, and has a G-Tube. Since the original diagnosis, she has suffered from many other complications, and gone through quite a few surgeries. She has the mind of a 6 month old baby, therefore she can not walk, talk, eat on her own, drink, anything. She is fully dependent on another person to take care of her.

The reason I am emailing you tonight, is because, recently, my mother, has had to quit her job, in order to take care of her, due to my grandparents, the ones that would watch her while my mother worked, getting too ill to keep watching her. My mother has no problem being here with my sister, its quite frankly, what she would love to be able to do every day. They have a very special relationship. We have always called my sister the miracle baby. She has made a huge impact on all of our lives, and is the best gift God could have ever given us, but now, I’m seeking out help.

Due to the fact that my mother had to quit her job, things have gotten quite hard. I'm searching for help, for my mom and my sister, and I have no idea where to start. My mother has tried to get home health, to get people to come out and sit with her so she can work, but no one will come help her. She got in contact with someone, about a year ago, and I'm sorry, but I'm not sure who that was, they gave her $1,000 to pay someone, but that eventually ran out. I'm trying to find out information about where to go to get her help, with a numerous amount of things.

More than anything, she would love for someone to help watch my sister so she can go back to work. She tries to say that she's making it okay, but I know it has to be hard. I try to help her as much as I can, but she will barely let me, seeing as she wants me to take care of myself, before I try to help her.

She can not go anywhere without help, because of the wheelchair that my sister has. Its heavy, and bulky, and requires two people to lift it into a car. She has tried to get a smaller one, that resembles a stroller, so she could take my sister out, and give them some different scenery than the walls of the house, but Medicaid would not pay for it. She also thought about getting the lift to put on the back of her car, but that was not covered either. Therefore, she and my sister are stuck at home.

There are a lot of other things that I'm trying to find information about, those are just the main few. If you have any information as to who might be able to help in any of these situations, could you please email me their information. I'm desperate to get her help. She's done so much for me, and sacrificed so much that she has wanted, for me and my sister, that I'm trying to help give her something back.