Only have a minimum wage income, so struggling with bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Jstark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Only have a minimum wage income, so struggling with bills

Post by Jstark »

Got evicted from apartment, found another one but having trouble paying all of the deposits and transfer fees for light and water. We are a one income family as my husband is still trying to find a job. With Easter approaching fast it is extremely hard to budget bills and family necessities with a minimum wage single income. Any advice/help would be extremely appreciated!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Only have a minimum wage income, so struggling with bill

Post by Admin »

If you can't pay the fees and deposits on the new apartment in Benton County, maybe you should stay with friends or relative to save some money. Otherwise you may just find yourself falling behind again on your bills or rent in the near future. Or llok for some income subsidized housing too. There are resources to try, and read Benton County assistance programs.
ReeseW

Post by ReeseW »

Hello, the reason for this request is the recent loss of my minimum wage job this past month. I also had the help of roommate who also end up moving out leaving me with the hole amount of my rent. I try to pay all my bills on time but has also fallen behind. I have no where else to turn.
I try to reach to my community of Lee county but with no luck time after time. I hope to at least get a referral of who and what do. I need to do to get help with my rent and bills this month. I have been on several interviews and I do have a new job line up to start most likely next week but until then I have nothing to go on. Please help, thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the break of losing a job and roommate leaving. We do have information on financial help in Wake County, and information on referrals is on the site. There are even job centers in Raleigh that may better better you for those interviews so you can get a higher paying job.
Frank O

Re: Only have a minimum wage income, so struggling with bills

Post by Frank O »

Assistance with rent and electric bill. We have 3 children all under the age of 4. I lost my minimum wage job and it's been really hard making it thru the holidays. Our leasing office miscalculated the credit that we had been paying so we could be ahead on rent and now we are $350 behind and still have to pay $550 by the 4th.
We really need help and we are willing to pay you back. I'm just trying to prevent an eviction from happening as we are from out of state and didn't expect anyway of this.