My disability was stopped by the government

State and local government assistance programs.
Norisez
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

My disability was stopped by the government

Post by Norisez »

I lost a $1,000.00 monthly disability payment which paid my mortgage. Now I don't know how to pay my mortgage and utility bills on my salary. I don't bring in enough money. I need help and keep being told I make to much, but I don't if you compare my bills to salary. I was not expecting this to happen. I was always the one helping others and now I need help and can't find it. I am $500. behind on phone and have no money for my April mortgage. Afraid to turn the heat on. My mortgage is $964 month and my income I bring home is $1158.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: My disability was stopped by the government

Post by Admin »

There are lawyers that help with disability payments and benefits. They can work on your behalf to get the payments restarted, and work on a contingency basis. So this means you do not need to pay them unless they are successful. if the lawyer can free up that money, then you can pay your mortgage or other bills. Get more details on the disability appeal and legal process.
Stubaker

Post by Stubaker »

Hello,
Thank you for responding so quickly. As I just spoke with my mother. Here are the main concerns since her SSI disability stopped.
1.) She is behind on her KUB bill in the amount of $300.00. Her normal charges are around $280.00/month. She just paid $100.00 towards over standing
2.) She has an Equity Loan the payments are $249.00/month. She is behind 2 months so the owed amount is $500.00.
3.) Her heating and air conditioner is broken and she is trying to make due without heat. If possible could someone check her system to see if it can be repaired.
4.) In November she was involved in a car accident in which they totaled her car. The money she was given to replace it was stolen from her and she has no means to purchase another car without that money. It would be wonderful if she could obtain a car to get her to church, work and home. She said she can make small payments if someone would be willing to help her with this.
If you need her information please let me know and I will provide that to you. Thank you very much for your help with this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Disability payments can be stopped by the government at any time. But those are huge monthly payments your mother has, not even including the $249/month loan. But you are also asking for a car (for church?), new heating and AC unit, and more. That is alot to ask for. But she can try, and find how to get advice on reapplying. Read federal disability terms and conditions.
Krampus

Post by Krampus »

My family is struggling for the holidays and trying to pay our rent. We were recently homeless living in our vehicle and then on disability until about a month ago when the government cut off payments. We finally saved enough to get into an apartment.
My fiancé does have work doing gutters and exteriors, but do to cold weather and rain/snow we are having trouble keeping up our bills like rent with less hours and now no disability! We don't have extra money to buy Christmas presents. We could really use some temporarily assistance to help get us by. If you could help inform me or give me tips on how I can get help I would greatly appreciate it.
God Bless
Nirvana

Post by Nirvana »

I am a single parent with my grandchildren two of them are in my custody and the other one lives with me and his mother. I cannot work due to health reasons. I just started getting child support for two. I have applied for disability by the government and was denied, but, I appealed the decision and now I'm waiting on a response. I have coronary artery disease a heart disease. I've had one surgery and I may have to have another one. I hope not.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If the government stopped payments, it can be hard to get social security resumed. But there are some experts who may help and things you can do as well. Find assistance here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... s_cut.html

Krampus wrote:My family is struggling for the holidays and trying to pay our rent. We were recently homeless living in our vehicle and then on disability until about a month ago when the government cut off payments.