My disability payment changed

State and local government assistance programs.
Withoutyou
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

My disability payment changed

Post by Withoutyou »

I currently was drawing a SSI check and I have proof of the change papers signed from the social security office on the first of the month. My check was 129 and on the third 581. The office currently has cut my check back to 168 on the first and 129 on the 3rd. I am currently living in a apartment and can not pay my rent due to the fact...I have 3 daughters who are staying with me and we are in a bind. I have a light bill that is 297 that I can not pay. I’m asking could you please help.
sasolis
anti spam: Blue

Re: My disability payment changed

Post by sasolis »

No funds here, just information on resources. Try calling 211 for more resources. Also try calling your electric company and see if they would work out a payment plan. Many people are struggling and there is less and less financial assistance available. Good luck.
Siena

Post by Siena »

My father is 72 and retired. He has emphysema. He has not applied for disability but his doctor says he is fully disabled. I his daughter care for him full time. His retirement income is not enough to even get us by for the month. We applied for energy assistance and was approved. I get food stamps 194.00 my dad only gets 16.00 we are so very far behind on the rent.
Our landlord is very understanding so he has not evicted us yet. He would agree to becoming a section 8 housing. What can my dad or me apply for to help with all our past due payments. We live in Reno NV Washoe county and have been for 25 years. My dad is a honorable veteran. Are there any grants myself or my father could apply for. Please any info you have will help. Thank you for your time.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If he has filed for disability, and has been approved, then there are resources in Nevada that he can call for advice. The section 8 program also takes years to apply, so you can't use that for emergency rent help. But people that are disabled can also use Food stamps to supplement that SNAP program too. Your dad can also look for resources focused on veterans too, and locate Nevada disability programs as well.
Southwest

Post by Southwest »

One time rent help. We are in the transition of jobs and our check are running two weeks late and the amount of my sons disability changed. We won't be able to pay our rent, it states in our lease that if we do not pay rent by the 3rd we have to vacate the apartment. We have 3 kids and this home is their stability. We are a blended family that come from bad exes and making it work positively for our new family.
My fiancé is a basketball referee and makes barely enough to pay his child support which is almost 900 a month...he needs to get it modified that is really what kills us. No problem paying child support but that is as much as our rent. He is starting soccer and volley ball along with his basketball and should be making 1000 a week next month so that's a positive that this is not long term just need a little boost and then on the straight and narrow per say.
I have worked in daycare for 10 years and burnt out so trying to find something full-time, and we also get some disability. I start working at Coca Cola Halloween on Monday, I'm taking the temp job for now tell I find the right job for me. I have looked into school for dental assisting. One school is my top pick but hard to work kid’s school and work in one day. So looking for entry level jobs I can work my way up. Thank you for taking the time to read my email. I really hope you can help us in this one time of need :):Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Congratulations on the new job at Coca cola! And also good to look for new skills and jobs like you said. When it comes to housing and rent assistance, there are some dedicated resources for the disabled. They can be found here. Most are government run and have long waiting lists, but you can start the application process now. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html

Southwest wrote:One time rent help. I start working at Coca Cola Halloween on Monday, I'm taking the temp job for now tell I find the right job for me. I have looked into school for dental assisting. One school is my top pick but hard to work kid’s school and work in one day. So looking for entry level jobs I can work my way up. Thank you for taking the time to read my email. I really hope you can help us in this one time of need :):Respectfully,