Many needs for bills for Rhode Island resident

State and local government assistance programs.
Beaglelover
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Many needs for bills for Rhode Island resident

Post by Beaglelover »

Hi, I'm a single mom of 4 and I'm in need of help with paying my rent and my utilities right now. The father of my kids left us in Rhode island with no money and on top of that he was the sole provider of the family. Now I'm facing a very hard and stressful time trying to make ends meet with no job, no money coming my way, no help I only receive food stamps and that's it. I am currently attending school (college) to get my high diploma but we're on the verge of losing out place to live my kids and I. If you can direct me to the right place to get help I will for ever appreciate it. Thank you.
Gordon
anti spam: Blue

Re: Many needs for bills for Rhode Island resident

Post by Gordon »

Dear Program Administrator,
I am a Coventry Rhode Island resident as well as a single mother to my 10 year old son and unfortunately my unemployment benefits have been exhausted.
I have contacted all of our local agencies (West Bay Community Action and CCAP) only to be informed that I do not qualify for assistance due to the fact that my unemployment benefits ran out just last month and I would need to be without income for 3 months to meet their criteria.
I have also contacted all of our local churches only to be informed that they are unable to assist due to the fact that the funds are not available at this time.
I have received a demand letter (2 months in the arrears) from my landlord and are facing eviction. His information is as follows for verification purposes:
Property (rental) address that my son and I live in for verification purposes:
I have also received a termination notice from National Grid. Their information is as follows for verification purposes:
At this point the only assistance I have been approved for by the Department of Human Services (South County Office maintains the Town of Coventry) is the benefit of food stamps in the amount of $15.00 per month, in which we are very grateful for however, my son and I need a little more help to keep our home while I am looking for another job.
I thank you in advance for your time and patience.
We honestly have no place to go. You are truly our last hope, please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to say, but if you are that far behind, and have already tried churches, charities, the government and other agencies, you may be out of options. You can look into crisis LIHEAP in Rhode Island, but sounds like you really need a job. There are job centers in the state too, so call them. Maybe start to look into shelters in the state for your needs to and start to prepare for that. Anyhow, maybe we have some other programs you did not try yet for those bills, so feel free to explore. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
Newday

Post by Newday »

I Live in Warwick RI. My husband had lost his job and unemployment stopped. During his unemployment he went to get certified for a new degree. But he is struggling still to get a job. I have three children and it is just me working. I went to West bay community action for help. They did provide me with heating assistance, which I am so thankful for, but in my home I have the oil, propane so I can cook and have hot water plus not to mention taxes, sewer and water bills. I am unable to receive help from them with propane which just went up again. I am paying 285.00 a month just for that. I don’t know if there is any programs out there to help us temporarily. if you have any suggestion please let me know.
Thank you very much for your time.
Macro15

Post by Macro15 »

Hello,
I am using my sister's email. We need help with the electric bill. It is only my mother working, getting paid minimum wage, and our bill is $1,000 and something. My sister just had a baby 2 weeks ago and they are about to disconnect our electricity. Our rent is kind of past due for 2 months now, and we already received a letter stating that if we don't pay what's owed, we will be sent to court. We live in providence Rhode Island. Please help I'm desperate. I'm really worried about the baby. We will provide anything you need. Please help. It has been really tough for us. We really need help.