Non-profit community action in North Carolina is not helpful

State and local government assistance programs.
Sorkin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Non-profit community action in North Carolina is not helpful

Post by Sorkin »

I have been trying for 8 months to keep a roof over my families head in North Carolina. At this point I am lost we are now three months behind. We have received two notices for eviction was able to come up with the 400 last month but won't be able to this month because I had to pay a 500 power bill last week. I am sick and can't go to the doctor because I owe them my whole deductible 500.
There is myself, my daughter, and her 2 children, one of which is a one year old and my cousin. My daughter does not work but gets child support. I work full time but less than 40 hours a week. My cousin is disabled but says he has his own bills to pay.
Please if you have anything that will help I would appreciate. I have no more options as the community action agency can't help and have to find a way to insure my daughter by March.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non-profit community action in North Carolina is not hel

Post by Admin »

We are sorry if you feel community action is not helpful. Really, they normally are, especially the north Carolina agencies in which we hear highly of. if you need that much money, a community action agency won't help. They focus their limited funds on people who are close, if not well on the way, to self-sufficiency but are facing a one time hardship. So while it sounds like you are working and that is great, you may just be too far into the whole. Anyway, find more information on non-profit North Carolina community action agencies.
Cuban1

Post by Cuban1 »

My family and I have run into difficult times. I was in a almost fatal car accident on March 7 2014. This car wreck caused me to have serious injuries to my spine and means I will be out of work for close to three months at least. I am a cosmetologist and my job requires that I be able to stand for eight hours at least.

My husband is working however we are financially struggling and I am trying to find us help. He only brings home about $1200 before taxes. I have four children their ages are 8, 6, 2,and 2 months old. I am inquiring what community programs I need to do to apply for. I am currently receiving food stamps. Where do I take this information to turn it in? I appreciate all of your help. My address is in North Carolina. Thank you for your time. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is not enough income to pay the bills for four children. He needs to look into job training from the community action agencies in Charlotte North Carolina, and you quite frankly need a job. Tat wage is equivalent to $300 per week, or $7 per hour, which is basically minimum wage. Anyone, find details on the Mecklenburg area non-profit agencies, including programs from the Charlotte Area Fund.
Blackistone

Post by Blackistone »

I'm looking for help for housing and looking for a job from community action. I'm a single mother with 2 daughters. DHS will only help with medical and food. I don't know where else to turn to.
If I could get help with being placed into a home in North Carolina and help with pay of the rent for 6-12 months it would give me the opportunity to get my GED and get a good job. I just need a little help. If you could help or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Thank you and god bless.
Hook Paw

Re: Non-profit community action in North Carolina is not helpful

Post by Hook Paw »

Good morning. Currently at this time I need assistance with rent and lights from community action. I took care of everything else but I cannot do anymore. I Don’t have and I lost my job a month and I just found About one but I haven't got paid yet. This things a dog and I'm a single just trying to make a way for me and my daughter.
I Don’t and won't want to be put out because I work so hard to be here in North Carolina. I am a hard working woman but I had a bum in the road .... If anyone can help I can repay with my first check. I start this week but the companies won't wait. Help please. I been crying about this because I didn't see it coming but if anyone and I mean and anyone can please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Non-profit community action in North Carolina is not helpful

Post by Admin »

Rent programs from the Coastal Community Action are not common. But as far as the lights, they often have LIHEAP applications. Maybe that is what you need. They can also help you get a job, especially if you were working just a month ago.
Hook Paw wrote:Good morning. Currently at this time I need assistance with rent and lights from community action. I took care of everything else but I cannot do anymore. I Don’t have and I lost my job a month and I just found About one but I haven't got paid yet. This things a dog and I'm a single just trying to make a way for me and my daughter.
I Don’t and won't want to be put out because I work so hard to be here in North Carolina.