New Jersey homeless resources

State and local government assistance programs.
HarryReid
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

New Jersey homeless resources

Post by HarryReid »

I’m homeless and 4 months pregnant with 3 other kids (3, 5 and 9). I need any resources you can send me for rental help, security deposit help, cash/financial assistance, furniture vouchers, clothing, baby items, etc anything you can find in and around Monmouth County, NJ will be greatly appreciated thanks so much!!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Jersey homeless resources

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. There are various grants and agencies that focus on the homeless in New Jersey though. So try calling them. They may offer shelter or maybe a security deposit for a new apartments. Read New Jersey security deposit programs.
Little_Smith

Post by Little_Smith »

I just got notice that I and my 3 kids have 30 days to move to a new place in New Jersey. I have a part time job but don't make enough to pay rent and bills and we do not want to be homeless. I'm looking for my options maybe housing for women and kids. I don't know I have never been in this situation and don't want to wait until last minute and not have anywhere to go. Thanks in advance.
OnMyWay

Post by OnMyWay »

I am currently in a terrible situation that I would love to get out of. I am at present displaced, homeless, and renting a room weekly at a motel in South Hackensack, NJ. I have bounced from friend’s couches to motels since August 2015. My roommate kicked out an apartment that I was sharing and I left all my furniture behind. Her husband came home from the military and told me I had to leave within 3 days. I was not on the lease so I didn’t have a leg to stand on. What I could get out of the apartment was placed in storage but my then boyfriend did not honor our arrangement to pay the storage fees. I didn’t know my things had been auctioned off until I went to grab spring clothes.
So in short, I am only left with a few tubs of clothing and nothing to even start life in a new dwelling. It is impossible to try to save up the money for a security deposit when most of my net pay goes to everyday living expenses. I dropped the boyfriend which puts me in a pickle (he was my ride to work). I work in Franklin Lakes; which now means two buses and a cap both ways.
I cry myself to sleep most nights because I hate my current living situation. There is drug dealing and prostitution going on all the time. Yes, there have been police raids but that only slows them down for a couple of days. I don’t want to fall further into depression so I’m reaching out to your organization. A shelter is not the answer. I want to be a better person and feel much better about myself yet I am smart enough to know I need help.
Feel free to contact me. Thank you in advance for taking time out of your busy schedule to not only read this letter but to reply as well. Have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That town is in Bergen County. There are several resources for the homeless. Find rent help in Bergen County.
Not only may they arrange housing, but maybe they can give you furniture for it too. And they normally ramp up quickly to get you off the streets you you are living in a safe place.
OnMyWay wrote:I am currently in a terrible situation that I would love to get out of. I am at present displaced, homeless, and renting a room weekly at a motel in South Hackensack, NJ. I have bounced from friend’s couches to motels since August 2015. My roommate kicked out an apartment that I was sharing and I left all my furniture behind.
Treebeard

Post by Treebeard »

Hello.. my name is Sarah Handler and I have a 3 year old with SDCP and PVL (spastic diplegic cerebral palsy and periventricular leukomalacia). Aurora's currently not able to walk/stand/communicate and has aged out of therapy programs from the state. Due to her disability and the lack of help with childcare, I'm limited to working and every day care wants/requires an extra person to stay with her as she is high fall risk and needs assistance.
I have fallen behind on our electric bill and the insurance company just took everything I had in my bank account for bills that she had accumulated before her diagnosis (she was 18 months diagnosed). We are also on the verge of being homeless. They had been sending mail to our prior address (my apartment burned in May 2018) I don't know if you know of any resources for Monmouth county NJ for the homeless and struggling people? I have been trying to apply for emergency loans because our electric is going to be shut off. I'm trying to keep everything together but I need help and I have been reluctant to ask or admit that. I don't know if you can help or have any suggestions? Thank you for your time and consideration. It's greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With that diverse number of needs, maybe try some of the national charities for financial help. There are a number of them out there. They may give therapy, help with childcare, address potential homelessness and all those other needs you list. Maybe they can help with the person for homecare too. Apply or read more here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... bills.html
Treebeard wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:24 pm Hello.. my name is Sarah Handler and I have a 3 year old with SDCP and PVL (spastic diplegic cerebral palsy and periventricular leukomalacia). Aurora's currently not able to walk/stand/communicate and has aged out of therapy programs from the state. Due to her disability and the lack of help with childcare, I'm limited to working and every day care wants/requires an extra person to stay with her as she is high fall risk and needs assistance.
I have fallen behind on our electric bill and the insurance company just took everything I had in my bank account for bills that she had accumulated before her diagnosis (she was 18 months diagnosed). We are also on the verge of being homeless. They had been sending mail to our prior address (my apartment burned in May 2018) I don't know if you know of any resources for Monmouth county NJ for the homeless and struggling people? I have been trying to apply for emergency loans because our electric is going to be shut off. I'm trying to keep everything together but I need help and I have been reluctant to ask or admit that. I don't know if you can help or have any suggestions? Thank you for your time and consideration. It's greatly appreciated.