Bill paying programs in Oregon

State and local government assistance programs.
Doler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bill paying programs in Oregon

Post by Doler »

Have full time job, but have been missing a lot of hours, due to some medical issues. Preparing for surgery March 11, 2014. For the last few months, I've managed to get by with the help or friends in Oregon. Now, with Dr. Appointments and test costs, surgery costs, AND another week off for recovery. I can't possibly pay rent and electric bill. Hopefully there is some way I can get assistance for a month or two, then be back on my feet again. I would appreciate ANY assistance towards helping me get healthy and not lose my apartment in the meantime.. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bill paying programs in Oregon

Post by Admin »

Did you consider applying for disability, even short term, if you are going to be out of work due to a medical issue. There are many agencies in Oregon that you can call, and we have lists of them by county. Maybe they can help with those rent costs you have, especially if you are getting some support from friends. More on financial help in Oregon.
Rolle

Post by Rolle »

I just moved from a beach town where I lived for 12 years. I Put everything in storage close to my oldest son and his new family. My unemployment is about run out. BIGGER area to find work. I also left a abusive situation and relocated my 7 year old daughter a week before myself.

I cant seem to locate a Columbia county Oregon white/yellow pages. I don’t drive and am still trying to figure out public transportation. Find post office, DMV, community action center, low income rentals, food banks etc. I AM struggling after 30 days and don’t know where or what resources. I AM CURRENTLY ON SNAP AND WE HAVE OR HEALTH PLAN. Thank you for your time.
Parseti

Post by Parseti »

I need help with emergency financial assistance within Washington County, Oregon. I am homeless, lost my job, and was staying with people in an apartment. I was not on their lease, but was giving one of the two tenants any extra income I had. The person I had given money directly too then used my cash towards personal things, and never told other roommate I was contributing. Then the person I was 'friends' with up and left, right before the lease was up. I'm asking for help not only for the portion I should pay for myself but also for the money that we need to come up with to cover the rent, utilities, and internet bills that were blown off. I have no money to my name.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Umm...asking for help for internet is wrong if you can't even pay the rent. Turn off the internet. As far as those other expenses, there are programs in Washington County Oregon. You can try shelters or contact a local church for financial aid. While your entire expense won't be paid, there may be funds or at least information on where to turn to for partial rent, and find them here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Momar

Post by Momar »

I am a single mother and a college student at Portland State University about to graduate with my bachelors. I was laid off from my job and have been trying to find a new job and haven't heard back. I have no way to pay rent and bills due on the first and I don't have anywhere to turn.
I am worried that my daughter and I will have nowhere to live if I can't come up with $739 by the first. Thank you for your consideration and God be with you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe try the Portland Oregon Salvation Army. They are often a good resource, at least for information and referrals. They can often advice people on where to turn to for support.