SSI and living in NYC. Needz a cheapo place to lives!!!!

State and local government assistance programs.
HokkaidoWolf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

SSI and living in NYC. Needz a cheapo place to lives!!!!

Post by HokkaidoWolf »

Ok, I'm in NY and I receive SSI money ($800) monthly. Which isn't enough to get an studio, let alone most roommates want more than that or need to be a student/working. Is there any place that isn't too expensive? Or any program that help you pay rent? I been searching around the interwebz and craiglist, but no luck. I'm willing to move out of NYC.
HokkaidoWolf
anti spam: Blue

Re: SSI and living in NYC. Needz a cheapo place to lives!!!!

Post by HokkaidoWolf »

Hello? :|
GabrielTh

Re: SSI and living in NYC. Needz a cheapo place to lives!!!!

Post by GabrielTh »

Hi, my family is in need of help. My husband is laid off from work from his NYC based company. Unemployment ran out and he hasn't gotten a check in 6 weeks. He can't refill until May 11, 2016. We rent but our landlord is in the service and out of the country.
Our roof is falling apart, we have no working heater. All of our plumbing and windows are original from 1952. We get some assistance of $1087.00 in cash and $800 in food stamps, but we have 4 young children ages 7, 6, 3, 2 and one of them gets SSI. And we're aloud to receive 8$ a month off our bill which averages 400$ or more. There are rumors and evidence the NYC city has been over charging people.
Please help. I don't know how to get help. Last summer we went 3.5 months with no electric or water and this past Xmas for a month they shut us off. Isn't there some law or someone that can help? DESPERATELY IN NEED.