Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

State and local government assistance programs.
Boehner
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Boehner »

Hello,
I am a resident of East Providence, Rhode Island.
I am having extreme difficulty in paying my water bill and am extremely behind.
I was wondering if you know of any way I can get assistance for this.
I have contacted my Community Action and they do not assist with water only gas and electric, which I am already getting help with. I also need help with rent and medicines.
Please let me know of any place I can get assistance for my water bill.
Verlanders

Re: Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Verlanders »

I am helping my brother.
Jim had a very tough last 6 months. He was let go from his job in Providence on August 1 due to miss communication when he called in sick for work. They said he did not call in so they replaced him. He has been searching for a job. Lives with a friend, that why he still has a place to sleep. Today the power was shut off for no payment.
Jim has a job offer but he must pass his CDL drivers test, which cost $300 to get your number & rent the truck. No job, no unemployment benefits.
Now he is really in trouble as his phone bill is due in a few days, 6 months behind in his rent, & now the power is off.
Jim is 61 years old, has diabetes, & has limited
Mobility. He is a driver by trade.
Jim needs the power turned on, $40 for his phone, medical card so he can get his medications & $300 so he can get his CDL and begin work ASAP. He currently receives $190 for food, but that is all.
Can you help? Please call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Community action in Rhode Island out of funds

Post by Admin »

There are other places to try in Rhode Island for help...not just community action. Find a list of city and country resources here.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... rogra.html
As far as CDL test, maybe the government offers some aid or low cost loans too. Check with a job center.
Verlanders wrote:I am helping my brother.
Jim had a very tough last 6 months. He was let go from his job in Providence on August 1 due to miss communication when he called in sick for work. They said he did not call in so they replaced him. He has been searching for a job. Lives with a friend, that why he still has a place to sleep. Today the power was shut off for no payment.
Jim has a job offer but he must pass his CD