Louisiana financial resources for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Troyyer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Louisiana financial resources for bills

Post by Troyyer »

Hello, I am contacting you for my sister.
She is 55 years of age, lives in Louisiana, and has been living with my parents for over the past 15 years. She moved in with them when my fathers health started getting bad. My father passed away in 2008 and she stayed to comfort and help my mom. She was unable to obtain a job due to weight issues and the inability to stand or walk for very any length of time. My Mother and her lived off what my mom got from my fathers pension and SS.
On December 20th 2012, my mother passed at home while on hospice care.
Now she has no income, no home, no medical care, etc. I am seeking information on what options are available in Louisiana to help my sister. She has checked with Medicaid and they said she did not qualify.
She is single and 55 years of age and went to a junior college for her degree that no longer applies in today’s society.
Thank you for any help you can offer.
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Louisiana financial resources for bills

Post by Admin »

Honestly it will be tough. If she has a degree, that is better than most people. There are job retraining centers in Louisiana and other options she can explore. Of course she can look into any local non-profits or charities for food, financial help, and more, but based on your comments that may be tough. Anyway, locate more on the financial aid in Louisiana.
Philly Serty

Post by Philly Serty »

Hi! Thank you for your time.

I'm seeking help for a close friend and her children. She is the bravest most strongest woman I could ever know. She would help any and everyone if possible, that's why this tragedy breaks my heart. She didn't deserve this, but EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON. Whether it was to show her something or someone else: God will use us to get to other people.

She's a 28 year old single mom with four small children. They are residents of Terrebonne parish in Louisiana.

She got sick and had to undergo multiple hospital visits. The doctors had no choice but give her medications because of an infection due to the accident and also hospital conditions. She hasn't said one negative thing about what has happened to her, she keeps in good spirits. All she wants to do is provide for her children.

She talks about going back to work just for her children, in which she had been separated from for 2 months due to this horrific illness. She hasn't let this depress her, she just wants to get well so she can give them a better life, But she doesn't realize the cost of them. She's been out of work for some time now SOOO...her company had to finally let her go which meant dropping her from her insurance as well. The bills are still piling up. Her only income is $600.00 a month in child support. She's going to end up losing her mobile home (its not safe for her or her babies: there's soft spots in the floor where its slowly falling through) in which was only suppose to be temporary, but now it seems to be HOME.

I'm asking for any kind of help for her and her little ones. She's worked so hard for what little they do have just for it to be ripped away and start over from scratch.

Please if there's anything that can be done. Please help her and her children.
Gomez56

Post by Gomez56 »

RECENTLY HAD TO MOVE FROM MY APARTMENT AS THEY TRIED TO EVICT ME FOR LATE RENT. WAS DISMISSED. I AGREED TO BE OUT IN 30 days. I was in an abusive relationship during 8 years I lived there in New Orleans. They weren't kind to me during my process of removing him and after he was gone. I am now in a new apartment and have another month before returning to work November 16. I have 2 children and need some help with my December RENT and electric bill.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you were abused, try the New Orleans Catholic Charities, as they often have assistance for DV victims. Especially for the 2 children you have as well. No maybe they can (or can't) help with your rent and electric, but maybe they will help you get settled into transitional housing or some other accommodations that will keep you safe.
Gomez56 wrote:RECENTLY HAD TO MOVE FROM MY APARTMENT AS THEY TRIED TO EVICT ME FOR LATE RENT. WAS DISMISSED. I AGREED TO BE OUT IN 30 days. I was in an abusive relationship during 8 years I lived there in New Orleans. They weren't kind to me during my process of removing him and after he was gone. I am now in a new apartment and have another month before returning to work November 16. I have 2 children and need some help with my December RENT and electric bill.
Mr.Soft

Post by Mr.Soft »

I live in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I am a disabled woman living on her own and struggling to pay all my bills on the disability income I am currently receiving. My daughter directed me to this website to request any type of assistance I may be able to get. I am 44 years old and I live alone. I am completely paralyzed on my left side due to 3 strokes I had 20 years ago. At this time I am at risk to lose my electricity and will probably be served with eviction papers within the next 7 days. Someone til me about a program that would help me pay my electricity bill called LIHEAP. There is no online application for the program. It’s requested that you call at certain times on specific days, however I have attempted to apply for this service to no avail. The lines are always busy and I cannot ever get through. I don't know of any organizations in my area that offer assistance in regards to my housing expenses. My rent is $770 per month. I am currently seeking a cheaper place to live but am in no position to be able to move right now. I'm hoping you can steer me in the right direction on who I need to contact, in my area, for assistance. I am terrified of being in the dark and/or thrown out to live on the streets. Thanking you, in advance, for your assistance in this matter, I am.
Krampus

Post by Krampus »

Louisiana
Rent and utilities. Took out 2 Pay Day Loans to pay a counselor to help me get on a program to base my student loan payment amount on my income. They failed to complete the application which has led to more interest, etc. and is overdue now. Company no longer seems to exist. Secondly, 1 Pay Day Loan submitted debit payment withdrawal 1 week prior to due date resulting in overdraft charge. I'm in big trouble and need help.
JasonDD

Post by JasonDD »

Hi, I live in castor, Louisiana 71016. I am trying to take care of my mother (Dorothy). I am in need of glasses and bills. I have had an exam and have a prescription. As for our transportation, we live approximately 80 miles from where we both go to our doctors. My mom goes to Willis Knighton and pain care. We also have a 1999 Honda Accord that needs something done to my front right wheel. It makes allot of noise and my rotor is bad, also needs tune up with belts, filters and my radio drains the battery when the car is not running. The window needs a track clip so the window can work again. I know it's alot. I have tried to keep up the best I can. My mother and I are struggling andshe isn't able to afford all of her medications. They are just too much even with silver script. It's been very hard since my Dad passed last July. He didn't leave her any insurance to help. It is a must we have reliable transportation. And it is also getting harder to see well. Thank you for being there. My name is Marcella.