Resources in New Jersey

State and local government assistance programs.
Withoutyou
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Resources in New Jersey

Post by Withoutyou »

Hello, I reside in the state of New Jersey. I am sending this email asking for emergency assistance with my rent. I am facing an eviction and have nowhere else to go. I am a single mother of a 19 year old son. I want to stay in my home. Someone got into my checking account and took all of my money which left me unable to pay my rent.
Please send me any information on services that would be able to help me as soon as possible.
Verlanders
anti spam: Blue

Re: Resources in New Jersey

Post by Verlanders »

Husband died forced and was forced to move after 15 years. House sold and no proceeds from house. Also have no insurance, no family nor friends as relocated to New Jersey 15 years ago with husband. He is native of Atlantic city. The hurricane just hit home and no one can take me in. Everyone doing bad now no resources no church. My family is alone renting and all social programs do not qualify for. Barely making it. Food banks are empty. Was hospitalized for 10 days and not able to gt all medications. I get a pension of 696.00, rent 500.00 utilities past due shut off notice from electric company. My truck insurance cancelled. I am 55 years old with disability pending. I have no kids, in trouble and depressed please help.
Rodan

Post by Rodan »

We live is Piscataway, New Jersey and have been living here since August 2009. My wife and I are having trouble paying our rent right now. I got let go from my job January 01, 2014 ( Friday ) My current 2008 Ford SUV broke down January 25, 2014 ( Monday ) We NEED help ASAP, can YOU help us.

This is a time sensitive matter. I am a member of a Church Fresh oil Fellowship Ministries. I have been a member since November 09, 2003. I faithfully give my tithe and offering to my home Church each time income is available. I have PROOF that I give in case records are needed. I have already asked my home Church for help, and they said they will pray for me. ANY HELP that my wife and I can get right now, will be GREATLY appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try other churches in New Jersey? As many others are available in the region, and maybe they have funds or some type of emergency help for you. Now, repairs for a car are very rare, but you can ask. As some churches may know of volunteer mechanics in Piscataway. Find other programs and services as well. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Minnymouse101

Post by Minnymouse101 »

My sister is about to be homeless and get evicted. Her landlord filed for eviction when she was 12 days late from paying rent. She moved in to her apartment 3 days before giving birth to my nephew. She had an unexpected C-section and therefore was unable to go back to work right away and the landlord has no compassion for her situation. It’s very sad and hard to see this happening and unable to help my sister financially.
She has 2 young children. One 4 and the other 3 months old. I need help to get her with some of these assistance programs so she can keep her house and pay her utility bills...she resides in Williamstown NJ. I believe it is Gloucester County. I greatly appreciate any help at all. Thank you and God bless.
Gomez56

Post by Gomez56 »

Good Afternoon,
I am inquiring about getting information for my mother – she is a stage 4 lung cancer patient. Her bills are piling up and her rent is overdue. She lives in NJ – Essex County. Can you please send information and or applications for her to apply for rental assistance and energy assistance. I have listed her name and address below.
Kind Regards,
JoBruce

Post by JoBruce »

I live in NJ. My husband and I both work. We have 2 minor children and we are struggling due to lack of income from my husband’s employment. I am in jeopardy of my car insurance getting cancelled, missing my 3rd mortgage payment in my modification and my electric shut off. Please can you tell me who can help us?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are several state and non-profits in New Jersey that can help with your mortgage. We hope your husband's income turns around soon. Find mortgage help in New Jersey.
JoBruce wrote:I live in NJ. My husband and I both work. We have 2 minor children and we are struggling due to lack of income from my husband’s employment. missing my 3rd mortgage payment in my modification
Chipper

Post by Chipper »

I live in Bellmawr, NJ with my husband. I am 70 years old and my husband is a disabled veteran with a traumatic brain injury. We are receiving Social Security only and cannot afford to pay our utility bill or rent. We have a shut off notice which has been extended to Friday, September 14th. I tried to reach you through a number given to me when I dialed 211 for assistance with rent and utility bill. The phone number they gave me was a non-working number. Please call me as soon as possible. We truly need your assistance. Thank you.
Cassie_Smith

Post by Cassie_Smith »

Good evening,My name is April.  I resign in Jersey City, NJ as a single mother to my son Aziere.  I have been employed for about five years working at the Doubletree Jersey City hotel.  I'm in desperate need of help paying my rent.  My hours at the job varies a little.  I do not receive any other means of child support and any other sort of assistance.  My rent have recently gone up to 849 dollars per month.  I struggle to provide food at times.  Every week or so I have to wash out clothes out by hand.  I have to provide the necessities needed for my son like personal hygiene and school material.  I have to pay health insurance and health care insurance. 
I have to pay to take my son to the doctor as well as for myself.  These are the reasons why I'm backed up in my rent. It's so hard for me but I'm trying my hardest.  I can’t see my son living in the streets or shelter.  Please help me.  If you can’t please send me some information to other origination's.  I have until January 28th, 2020 to have $1,500.00 dollars.  I'm so stressed and don’t know where to turn. 
Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Single mothers, especially in a high cost of living area like NJ, all too often struggle. If you need rent help of $849, it may be hard. But try the Jersey City Salvation Army. They will have food for you, basic necessities, and other goods. And if worse came to worse, the Salvation Army does have shelters too.
Cassie_Smith wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:16 am Good evening,My name is April.  I resign in Jersey City, NJ as a single mother to my son Aziere.  I have been employed for about five years working at the Doubletree Jersey City hotel.  I'm in desperate need of help paying my rent.  My hours at the job varies a little.  I do not receive any other means of child support and any other sort of assistance.  My rent have recently gone up to 849 dollars per month.  I struggle to provide food at times.  Every week or so I have to wash out clothes out by hand.  I have to provide the necessities needed for my son like personal hygiene and school material.  I have to pay health insurance and health care insurance. 
I have to pay to take my son to the doctor as well as for myself.  These are the reasons why I'm backed up in my rent. It's so hard for me but I'm trying my hardest.  I can’t see my son living in the streets or shelter.  Please help me.  If you can’t please send me some information to other origination's.  I have until January 28th, 2020 to have $1,500.00 dollars.  I'm so stressed and don’t know where to turn. 
Please help me.
PetHelpers

Post by PetHelpers »

Hello, I'm interested in finding out more on help with rent and bills or even food in New Jersey. I am disabled and relocated to Galloway NJ with my husband for a job he got her but no longer has. Now as of this month he has been our only sires of income paying rent at this hotel to get back and forth to work and they cut his hours.
To days ago he stated a new job but I myself haven't received my income in four months and is having so many issues with disability till I'm applying for work myself but no transportation either. Please at least for food help us. Our rent is due here and he doesn't get paid for two weeks but only worked two days at the new job for that pay period so we still don't have enough to make ends meet.
He was recently in the hospital getting surgery to remove cancer since then hasn't worked the rent is backing up we at a hotel and don't know how long we can manage with funds here but we have hope for this job coming up soon. Still rent due and working without a home will set us both bad my health as well as his and no help close to us in NJ. This is a new state to us we are very lust with no one. Please help in any way you can.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many places for food and bill paying help in Galloway New Jersey. Maybe they can help your husband find a job too. Find the Atlantic County NJ free food pantries. They can maybe cover your food needs, groceries, meals, and personal goods.
PetHelpers wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:38 am Hello, I'm interested in finding out more on help with rent and bills or even food in New Jersey. I am disabled and relocated to Galloway NJ with my husband for a job he got her but no longer has. Now as of this month he has been our only sires of income paying rent at this hotel to get back and forth to work and they cut his hours.
Cruisers

Post by Cruisers »

Hello, I'm 20 years old. I live in Washington township New Jersey and currently living in a shelter with my 3 month old son, since we have no other place to stay.
Since my parents separated, I started to live with my dad at first, but he lived with his parents. So at the time I was living with my grandparents, my dad, his girlfriend, my sister, my aunt, and my son.
My dad and his girlfriend also have no resources and sleep outside in the trailer, while my sister, my son, myself and my grandmother sleep in the living room. But my son had to sleep in his care seat since he was born since there was no room for a crib.
But then I discovered a shelter called several sources. It was nice at first, however I didn't -and still do not, get along with this house mom.
House moms are suppose to help the mothers with children with anything they need, such as diapers, wipes, formula, etc. She is very unhelpful and has a bad attitude. Many problems have occurred with her during the time I've been here. For example: The other day my son had gotten circumcised and he needed A & D ointment but instead she had gotten diaper rash cream, and I was using it the whole day, then later he started crying with pain and one of the moms pointed out that I was using a different type of ointment. The house mom was there when this happened but didn't really say much not even and apology. But the shelter here won't do anything about her, they're forcing me to live with her when the foundation itself has 2 other shelters that me and my son could easily stay at.
The house mom stresses me out with every little thing, and I already have enough stress as it is. This place in New Jersey also has rules, many rules. I’m not able to see my sons father because they believe I’ll end up pregnant again and if I do they'll kick me out. I can only see my family once a week. This place keeps coming up with rules consistently and I'm getting tired of it. They won't allow me to go back to school because they said my son doesn't seem ready for daycare. They're trying to keep me here as long as possible so they can take control of me and my sons life.
 During my pregnancy I had no insurance because my caseworker had messed everything up and it took forever to get my insurance, At least 7 months. Throughout the whole pregnancy I was unable to get prenatal care or see any doctors. I still have medical bills that I need to pay or at least get insurance. Unfortunately I had to cancel both me and my sons insurance because the shelter here wants me to go to Bergen county and sign up for TANF, which I already did. But the other house mom didn't notify me that I had a letter from social services and I missed my appointment, now I have to wait again and possibly longer to get another appointment. I really want to leave this place because this shelter isn't helpful for me and my son anymore. I just want to live on my own or at least with my family.
I have no job, no money, no insurance, no food stamps, nothing and need a bunch of resources. What I desperately need is to get any kind of benefit I can possibly can in New Jersey. I need the who, what, where, when, & why.
I need to know who can help me, where I can get that help, when will I get it, and why I can get it.
Things that'll help me with -
 Insurance
apartments (TRA) in bergen county
work at home jobs
cell phone for appointments
free clinics for me and my son
Transportation to my sons appointments
Also I need things to help my father as well with finding an apartment especially. please help me and my family. I really need it. thank you.