Help for new parents

State and local government assistance programs.
PerryK
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help for new parents

Post by PerryK »

Both of us are 20 year old. We are expecting our first baby in two weeks. I am a full time student and also work full time. My wife has been unable to work since early in her pregnancy. We are barely keeping our heads above water. We have been paying the minimum in medical bills so she can still see the doctor during pregnancy. Our rental home is heated by propane. We are struggling to get enough money together to have the propane tank filled by the time the baby arrives. We are currently in the processes of completing our request for food stamps. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Pullo
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for new parents

Post by Pullo »

Hello,
I am disabled and my husband is working part time right now. My daughter has started working part time as well, and I take care of my Granddaughter (age 4), when she works, so we are once again in effect new parents.
Our old house we live in (150-years-old) is hard to heat. We now have a disconnect notice for April 24th for over $400, and we will not have the money to pay it. Perhaps part of it, we aren't sure.
If we could find some help, that would be great. I just had knee surgery too.
Is there also, any free or very cheap dentists my husband and I could go to? Is there any help for parents that are newly taking take of grand kids. Oh, by the way, my husband has two broken teeth and they keep swelling up. I have several missing teeth (3 in the front) and one chipped one.
GabrielTh

Post by GabrielTh »

Good afternoon! I wanted to see if I could possibly get some help for my Parents, My Dad (age 58) is currently not working as he got laid off his job do to an injury at work. He can not go back to work because he is getting physical therapy three times a week for an hour.
He is not getting any help from workers compensation or social security or unemployment because he does not qualify. He is getting food stamps of $300 a month. He is only qualified for that. My mother (age 59) has been blind since 2005 and is unable to work. She does get social security once a month for the amount of $860.00 dollars. They are struggling to pay bills and are behind on their rent. Could you advise me on any type of help that they can possibly get?
Thank you very much for your time.
lucylew

Post by lucylew »

Hello, I live with our two daughters, 3 and 1 in Mineral Wells, Texas, and we also have a new son as well. I was needing to know if there is where near us that could help us with our rent and food. We've been struggling financially lately and my husband was laid off from work a few days ago because our car was towed. His last check barely had enough to pay our electric and gas bills.