Information on Washington assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Newport
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Information on Washington assistance

Post by Newport »

To Whom It May Concern,

My daughter moved to Washington earlier this year to get out of an abusive relationship. She is living with one of her high school friends from Nevada in the Seattle area.

I'm very concerned as she has not been able to find full-time or consistent employment and she has medical needs as well. She is no longer eligible for our insurance because she is 24. I know they are struggling with food, bills and she has immediate medical needs but cannot afford to go to the doctor. She requires medications for her seizure disorder that was due to repeat trauma to the head and face and she has ear/hearing issues that need to be addressed.

I’m helping out as much as I can from a few hours away but she has no transportation in Washington and their housing situation is not ideal. Her friend is working and my daughter worked for a temp agency for awhile but the work ran out and it was a very long commute and she had to walk a mile or more home in the dark along a back road.

I’m not sure where to start to get her assistance. I know that she didn't want to apply for Medicaid or public assistance because she really wanted to do this on her own, but I fear for her health and well being.

She has contacted the Habitat for Humanity non-profit group in Mt. Vernon in hopes of working with them, to take care of some volunteer hours and hopefully get leads for full-time employment. I think she has had good communication with them thus far but know that she is struggling with some depression due to her circumstances.

Any assistance or information you can help me with in helping her get on her feet would be greatly appreciated. She is a hard worker and wants to work and has a great resume.
Wolcott

Re: Information on Washington assistance

Post by Wolcott »

Hello, We live in Tacoma WA. We just been here less than a month (pay $ 340.00 deposit rent is $ 775.00) and we had to move because my kids were getting complaints from the neighbor that lives' upstairs. So the apartment manager ask us to move a few blocks to their other apartments (the apartment manager want us to pay $ 300.00 by March & rent is $ 715.00) we moved on the first floor. We moved in so fast we had to sign another contract I didn't read it all . But on Saturday morning I notice the kitchen walls had mold & mildew then I checked the kitchen cabinets and the same thing mold & mildew. I went to the bedrooms and there’s mold & mildew in the closets. I been taking care of my fiance kids since I been 26 years (I am 35 years old now). There are two of them and they are 5 and 11.
I get $ 478.00 from DSHS in Washington, $ 700.00 food stamps. I did have a job but I got lay off last week working at the Wal-Mart(30 hours a week). So I need money to help pay for rent & utilities for next month. My nieces & nephew need warm clothing’s & boots for the winter and I can’t afford to buy them these items. I have a friend that share rent with me or I was not able to afford an apartment we split the utilities & rent he has a job but only works 4 days week he also pays child support and other expenses that he has. Please if you can help us it would a blessing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you already get help from Washington DHS, did you ask them for referrals or advice? They may have information on other rental assistance programs so that you can pay your landlord in Tacoma Washington. Maybe also try bring in another friend to help with those housing costs. If those aren't options, then look into financial help from programs in Washington.
Gordon

Post by Gordon »

Hello- I’m stuck in a situation right now. I have a job and I’m working I’m 40 weeks pregnant and I need help paying rent (700.00) and my water (100.00) this month as I have to take 3 weeks off for the baby. My Doctor wants me to I can provide a Doctor note. I currently already have a daughter. I’m a single mom and I’m trying my best if theirs anyway you can help me or have any recommendations of what I can do. Please help thank you so much. You can get a hold of me. I live in Buckley Washington.
Sejkora

Post by Sejkora »

I live in Columbus Ohio but got a job offer at a VA Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. My lease is up in June and then I will be moving there. The cost of living is high over there and I was wondering if I would be able to get help with 1st month's rent and deposit just until I get my first check and then I will be fine. This is the dream career of my life but I am not making much money yet and it will be hard to save up alone to move to Seattle. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe some agency in Seattle can loan you the money for the deposit. Or you can look into low income housing in the area, or even sharing an apartment using some leasing service. Another idea is to look into government aid that can help you move, as maybe there are some benefits for people that work at VA hospitals....especially nurses. Seattle is very expensive, so you will need to save money for a long time. But maybe some of the programs in King County help with rent costs for you to get you settled.
Weather Kardishian

Post by Weather Kardishian »

I live in Everett Washington. The reason I need help with my bills is I'm recovering from several years of personal tragedy. Until October 2014, I was a successful self-employed family law attorney- taking care of my family. My husband stayed at home with our kids and coached at their school due to some disability issues. However on October 15, 2014, I was seriously injured in an auto accident. The injuries were so severe that I had to give up my business because of all the medical appointments and eventual surgery.
After the yearlong recovery process, I had to change careers because my license had lapsed and I couldn't afford all the fees to reinstate in. So I went into insurance sales.
Just about the time that things were looking up and our finances were starting you
May God's blessings shine upon you today.
Goodman

Post by Goodman »

I recently moved to Washington and got a job but was only able to work for a week before cherry season ended and it will be mid-August before pear season starts and I need some assistance with maybe a motel stay or something like that so that I can go out and find work to do until I start work again in August. Thank you and god bless.
WalinAtkisson

Post by WalinAtkisson »

Hello, I live in Tacoma, Washington and I am reaching out for help at this time my family is going through a lot of up and down. To be blunt so sorry for that term of use but I have been in a controlling relationship for the last ten years. I now have got the courage to leave and now I have no way to pay our rent do to him having me arrested for a false charge. Lucky for me the judge had dealt with this kind of thing often and had dismissed the whole case so I guess what I'm asking is for you to find in your heart to please help my family. We been through so much and overcame a lot of hard times on the street to get where we are. Please get back to me as soon as possible if you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good for you to get on track and leave a challenging/dangerous situation that was controlling. If you have no way of paying the rent or being self-sufficient, you need to get a job, look into resources for people fleeing violence (DV), and get other support. There are financial resources in Pierce County that you can use.
WalinAtkisson wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:53 am Hello, I live in Tacoma, Washington and I am reaching out for help at this time my family is going through a lot of up and down. To be blunt so sorry for that term of use but I have been in a controlling relationship for the last ten years. I now have got the courage to leave and now I have no way to pay our rent do to him having me arrested for a false charge. Lucky for me the judge had dealt with this kind of thing often and had dismissed the whole case so I guess what I'm asking is for you to find in your heart to please help my family. We been through so much and overcame a lot of hard times on the street to get where we are. Please get back to me as soon as possible if you.