Need details on Pennsylvania non-profit community action

State and local government assistance programs.
elliott
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need details on Pennsylvania non-profit community action

Post by elliott »

Hello, I am looking for some help for my sister & her husband. They live in Pennsylvania and have fallen on very hard times with my sister being very sickly over the past five years.
They both were very hard working individuals for all their lives and could really need some help right now.
Their roof is in bad shape, leaking into their house and needs to be redone before the harsh winter. My family & friends are all ready to do the manual labor but were looking to see if they could get assistance with the building supplies. I hear community action agencies may help with that.
Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need details on Pennsylvania non-profit community action

Post by Admin »

That is great of you to look for help for your sister and family. There are community action agencies across the state of Pennsylvania, and they are divided by county. Some may have loans for home repairs. Or ask them about weatherization. Just note that home repairs and roof work is rare, so you will need to call around and ask for referrals. More details are on this URL. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tion_.html
Morley

Post by Morley »

My family and I currently need assistance paying our monthly lot-rent in York Pennsylvania and with our Utility bill and Water bill. I have currently applied with the Department of Social Services in Ashland Virginia; which covers the area of Hanover County Virginia. However, this organization will not be able to assist our family with Fuel Assistance to pay a portion of our electric bill until December 2015 if we are approved for the assistance.
I have asked this organization for Rental Assistance in paying my Lot-Rent. They informed me that the only organization that could assist my family would be ACE'S Aid for Christian Charity which is a local Christian Charity that assist's families/individuals with utility bills; their funding is limited. They did assist our family in July/August with $250.00 check towards our Lot-Rent which is $510.10 per month if paid after the 7th of the month there is a $50.00 late charge attached. In July all residents of Sedgefield Mobile Home Community received notification there would be an additional late charge of $25.00 added to the $50.00 late charge if payment was not received by the 21st of the month. For the last 2/3 months we had to pay $585.10 for our Lot-Rent.
On Wednesday October 21st, 2015, our power was dis-connected; because our power bill was 2 months behind. Dominion Virginia Power gave me an extension until October 19th, 2015. Unfortunately due to lack of income I was not able to pay the $309.79 on the extension date. To restore our power the same day, We had to pay $577.86.
I contacted my bank on October 16th, 2015, they supplied me with $500.00 of overdraft protection; which can be used in emergencies. However, this has to be paid back in 30-days. I paid $301.25, and my daughter paid $277.86. Dominion Virginia Power representative; told my daughter that the additional money would go towards my current electric bill of $130.42 or spread overtime on upcoming electric bills.
My bank informed me today that I now have an overdraft of $147.51; this is understandable, however, I don't understand why they told me that I would have 30 days from the date of the overdraft to pay it back. I have a small direct-deposit that will be added to my checking account on October 30th or October 31st, 2015, this will leave me with less than $40.00/$30.00 for the rest of the month.
I will not be able to pay my car-payment which is scheduled to come out on October 30th, 2015.
I currently started another part-time job this week. I will not receive my check from this company until November 3rd, 2015. I have been a resident at Sedgefield Mobile Home Community in Pennsylvania since 2005. In 10 years our Lot-Rent was only paid late 2-3 times. Sedgefield Mobile Home Community's late payment at the times we had to pay our Lot-Rent late was between $35.00/$45.00 late charges.
When we moved into this community in April-2005, our Lot-Rent was $180.00 per month, every year since that time our Lot-Rent increased from $10.00-$20.00, with each passing year. My mobile is paid for but it is 15 years old.
We received assistance for Home-Repairs from Resurrection Disaster Relief in November 2014. This organization is another Christian organization who assists individuals in times of emergency-disaster relief, as well as, individuals; who are not financially able to pay for home repairs. My mobile home now has structural damage in the kitchen area; due to water damage over the years; and my furnace, and heat-pump need to be repaired; before the winter months.
I have spoken with the landlord and he told me in early September 2015; that their volunteers during the week are limited to 2 individuals and on the weekends they have sometimes 25+ volunteers. They are behind in assisting families; because there are not enough volunteers during the week this has caused the organization to fall behind in their Christian charitable efforts to assist families in need.
If there is any assistance that my family could receive for our monthly Lot-Rent and electrical/utility bills: we would greatly appreciate any assistance that your organization could assist us with. ACE'S will not be able to assist us again until October /November because, there is a 90 day period that must elapse before assistance can be given to a family in Emergency-Crisis Need. Thank you, Sincerely.
Heather Lawton

Post by Heather Lawton »

I'm looking for possibly rental assistance helping pay my gas bill and any cheap automotive repair facilities in Pennsylvania. We are facing eviction as well as a lawsuit.
We're currently at we have roughly 3 weeks left here in the home. We have nowhere to go. We have two children; myself and my husband.
The home both of us are on disability. We received 690 dollars a month and we have nowhere to go. I look forward to hearing from the community action agency. Thank you your help is appreciated.
NilaP

Post by NilaP »

My name is William. I'm currently residing in Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania. I would like to request more information about emergency rental assistance, as I am soon facing eviction. I would also like to point out that the non-profit Community Action office is now located in Boothwynn & they can't assist people, who do not have a source of income. Thank you for your time.
Gia

Post by Gia »

I am a single mother who reside in Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania. I live with my daughter and grandchildren, daughter in law and son.  I also have another son with Autism who comes home every weekend. I am the only one working and I am struggling to make it. My electric and water is behind. I can’t afford gifts for Xmas. I work with children with autism because I love helping but it doesn’t pay enough. I pray someone can help me because I love my family and we need help. My daughter wants a camera and laptop to do her homework, but I just can’t afford it. Thank you. LaTasha