Facing a disaster

State and local government assistance programs.
PionousParrot
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Facing a disaster

Post by PionousParrot »

PLEASE READ!
To whom this may concern,

Me and my 4 children were displaced from the West Virginia water contamination. FEMA did quickly come to our aid housing us in a hotel and gave us money to replace our belongings and although it was mighty helpful it took every dime to replace our belongings but we were able to do so. We couldn't for the life of me find housing in West Virginia of course and anything else available was too expensive or in a bad part of town in the Charleston and surrounding areas.
We decided to relocate to because my home office where I am employed is here and we had just found a home in West Joshua and finally it seemed that our lives were leveling put again and we were about to be settled for the first time since the explosion on December17th, but a week ago the engine in the only truck I have has gone out. We were stranded at a friends one bedroom apartment here in Charleston but FEMA did come through with relocation expenses two days ago for our deposit and rent for a month.
Thank the Good Lord above I applied and was approved for a 3 bedroom apartment next door to the friends complex and will be able to move in next week. I did file for food stamps and will receive them tonight at midnight (emergency food stamps), PRAISE JESUS, and although I am more than grateful for these blessings my only means to work due to me being an office Manager and part of my work weeks consist of driving, I am dangerously close to losing the only job I have and have truly worked my tail off these past nine years to move up the ladder and plant my feet in my position in this company that allows me to support my children solely.
Without child support at all and with no transportation here were at a steadfast downward spiral and I am in fear of what I will do.....my employer did allow me last week off due to me not being able to get to work and off until Wednesday but I will lose my job if I can't get someone to help us because he recently had open heart surgery and is struggling himself and is unable to help me. He depends on me greatly to help him run the company right now until he is recovers and unfortunately if I cannot he will have to find someone who can or he too could lose a lot in his income.
I need desperately to keep my job. I don't have any family that is able to help me and I don't get a lick of child support and haven't for years. I am sure you hear song and dances and sob story's from others but I am truly a God fearing Good woman whom adores my children. I have always been able to provide for them and I am plain and simple at rock bottom for the first time in my life.
I don't drink, do drugs, party, anything that I shouldn't do as a Mother....I try very hard to provide them with monetary support and morals and values and I really do have 4 amazing children but I am more fearful than I have ever been because none will help me.
I have emailed and called church after church and the Salvation Army/Red Cross etc... and to no avail....none will help me. I'm assuming they may be feeling that I'm not being truthful, but the Lord above knows that I am. I am on foot with 4 children. I know none here other than friend who kindly allowed us to stay in her apartment and the people I do know in Waco can't help me. If I ever did run into a financial crunch in my years of mothering, my father was able to help me and me pay him back but he is 65 years old and is pre-dialysis with only 9% of his kidneys working and he will begin dialysis this upcoming Tuesday so he is literally unable to help me and understandably so.....and we cannot stay with him because a common cold from one of my children could hinder his treatment and I cannot afford for that to happen to his health and it be possible my fault. I am embarrassed and humiliated to the core for having to ask for help from anyone but I just don't know what to do. I have never in my life asked for handouts and this can be proven through any agency you or anyone would like to check...I've never even asked for help with an electric bill or been on housing a day in my life. I've always worked my tail off and tried to live my life as any productive human being and not take advantage of the system and although it's been tough at times with not a dime in child support, God has always provided.
I am still not asking for a handout and will certainly be willing to sign anything agreeing to pay every last penny back with either my income tax check or however it would be asked of me to pay. I don't know if you have been watching the news about the Long Term Recovery but in approximately six weeks or so the millions of dollars donated to West Victims such as myself will finally be released to us and I can pay back any help out of that as well but in another week or so I will be without transportation and unfortunately the Long Term Recovery check isn't going to help me now.
I am on bended knee begging for any kind of help you may be able to offer me in helping me fix my truck or any help at all. I am willing to take a drug/alcohol test, anything to prove I am not an addict or an abuser of the system or anyone for that matter.
A nice Christian mechanic did come to my friends apartment and check my truck and said it will need a crate engine that would cost labor and all approximately $2,500. We have possibly found $800 of that from a church I am going to talk to tomorrow here in Fort Worth who has verified me through my FEMA number. PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU COULD PROVIDE ME.. I am willing to pay back every single dime and will get a second job to do so. I have one year left of obtaining my bachelor's in criminal justice with plans to become a CPS worker and I am faithfully trying my hardest to get back into school to do so. I really am a good person. I just need someone to help me. PLEASE....PLEASE....PLEASE....I am so sorry to ask for your help but I have asked everyone I could think of and to no avail. I called FEMA and they gave me your number advising me that you as a congregation help with vehicle problems so this is how I came to email you.
I am on foot and soon to be jobless if I can't find someone to help. Please if you can at all, please help me. I can and will without any hesitation or offense taken prove every bit of this. Anything I need to verify I am more than willing. I assure you I have been on the phone and internet non-stop begging for help which led me to calling FEMA as my last resort and them taking care of a home for me and my babies thank JESUS but I wont be able to keep it if I can't find someone to help me with my truck.
My truck is only a thousand away from paying off and I certainly don't need another car payment. I am begging for your help. I just need someone to trust me and verify me any way possible and even verify any other organizations to prove I have not gained any help and am certainly not trying to swindle anyone. Thank you very much for your time. PLEASE I BEG OF YOU. HELP ME AND MY BABIES!
Mrs.Johnson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Facing a disaster

Post by Mrs.Johnson »

I was robbed at gun point inside my own home right before Christmas. It is a complete disaster. I was unable to work and lost my job now I am very behind in all bills and about to be faced with being homeless. I always worked and paid my bills never did anybody wrong but some young punk and thugs broke in held me at gun point. They took everything.
It has been nothing but a downhill spiral. The guys are arrested and in jail but I haven't seen a penny of what they took and I am so far behind I can’t believe I'm facing being homeless for doing what was right my whole life. Now I'm going to lose everything because of being robbed. I just don't understand why being a adult and trying to do it on your own has to be so hard. I've never asked for help, never had a disaster and never intended to but I have to figure something out before I'm on the street begging for change because of the violence in this country.