List of Nevada resources for financial help

State and local government assistance programs.
Lodging
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

List of Nevada resources for financial help

Post by Lodging »

Hello, I have been trying to get some information about a few of the programs to see what I may qualify for. I am not sure what the requirements are here in Las Vegas, Nevada, but I am very much in need of financial help.
I have been homeless for almost a year now and really need some stability. I really just want to go back focusing on school but it's all so hard without help. I am a 25 year old female. I have an associates in business administration, which I plan on turning into a BA for business. I am attending real estate school currently, and have many goals to accomplish with my skills. I have been emancipated since 16 and I haven't had help from anyone. It's so hard to ask but I really need help now; any help.
I'm trying to find an apartment and the deposits/rent aren't that bad, just a lot for me at the time. I will have my real estate license in mid-February and be back on my feet. I just really need help during this time while I finish up my classes. Please give me any info you have on programs I might qualify for. Thank you so much. I am very grateful for any info you're willing to share!
Barrack

Re: List of Nevada resources for financial help

Post by Barrack »

Hi I am in need of some help and I hope that this will explain how I am in need. I am a disabled 33 year old male living in Reno Nevada. I am unable to find work or keep a job, I am currently staying with a family member whom very soon will be leaving and therefore make me homeless for I have no income to pay the rent.
I am fighting to receive disability help and just received medical insurance. I am afraid that I will not be financially stable enough to keep this roof over my head before this family member leaves, I am in need of rental assistance, cash aid or even help finding a job. I am only allowed to have a part time job for I am in the middle of a social security case that may not be settle for 9 months or more. With no income in between I don’t know what to do. If there is anyway I can be helped please inform me as soon as you can. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.
Aggie

Post by Aggie »

I have been seeking assistance for many reasons since my home burned down in northern Las Vegas and I was also the victim of identity theft and financial fraud in the same month. I am a disabled single mother and it has been far more than tough to make ends meet. At current we are utilizing the stove for heat and don't have enough to eat because the food stamp program claims I make to much of an income for 6 people.
I have not located any organization that can offer assistance. I am hopeful someone will contact me with help. I honestly would not ask if I sincerely did not need it. If I were in a position to help others I would in a second and I plan to once I am able. I am facing a potential eviction because of the financial fraud I have no funds. Please help if you can.
Medtronoc

Post by Medtronoc »

I did a search engine for assistance in Las Vegas and came across your website. I need help my life is literally on the line. I lost my job, just lost my car, about to lose my cell phone and hot water. I lost everything and I won't be homeless. I can't find a job without a car and can't get a car without a job. Is there any help in Vegas to donate a car to me or work for a car until it's paid off by me working for them, or grant money to help me get back to New Jersey. Please I'm begging you. I'm currently in Las Vegas Nevada.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot to go through in one month. For house fires, try a Salvation Army center in Nevada. Identify theft and credit issues can either be legal aid or a credit counseling agency. So there are also food pantries you can use as well if you do not qualify for any benefits from the state. Any, find our entire list of programs in Nevada, and read more.
Cuban Ted

Post by Cuban Ted »

We moved here to Las Vegas 3 weeks ago. I have a 4 year old son. I am a single mother. I have no job no help from the father. I am staying with somebody and can’t live rent free.
I am in the process of looking for work. I have no money for childcare, no money for rent and don't qualify for the cash aid program here. I am in need of assistance very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, try to help that person you are living with in other ways. Maybe clean, cook, etc. Why did you move to Las Vegas if you have no job, income, or opportunities? Generally it is a bad idea to do that. Can you move back to where you came from? In addition to that, find assistance programs in Clark County, and try calling around for food and more.
Cuban Ted wrote:We moved here to Las Vegas 3 weeks ago. I have a 4 year old son. I am a single mother. I have no job no help from the father. I am staying with somebody and can’t live rent free.
I am in the process of looking for work. I have no money for childcare, no money for rent and don't qualify for the cash aid program here. I am in need of assistance very much.
Carney

Post by Carney »

I found your website, and looking for help in NEVADA but it’s not listed (that state).
I am disabled.
I paid my attorney several years ago to help me with FILING BK (back when I made more money than I do now).
I put the BK on hold, then contacted him about 3 months ago. HE asked me to send some up dated information to him, I took a class on line that is required when filing background.
I was also told he would help me with my problem with my loan modification on my mortgage because my rate is almost 6% And I am behind in payments I have done everything I was asked to do.
AND NOW he will not return my phone call and I may lose my home because I cannot afford to pay another attorney to start all over filing my background.
I also sent him certified letter to give him the benefit of the doubt asking he call me thinking maybe he was ill or something bad happened to him. His office staff always tells me they will have him call me back and so far they received a certified letter from me begging him to call me back and all my calls.
He is totally ignoring me and I now feel that I have been ripped off.
I am unable to travel at times and been sick and extremely depressed under doctors care and staying at a friend’s house.
I am afraid of being homeless and I may even lose what job I have now (I am self-employed).
Please help me find an attorney that will help me.
What number can I call? I cannot dial toll free numbers.
I also need help with some bills, utilities.
Olivia12

Post by Olivia12 »

I need help with my Rent in Las Vegas NV and need some phone numbers, but you do not have any on your website. Also need help with Food, and with Debt relief. Also, I need help with my Car repair cost. Do you have a phone number I can call?
I am a Senior on a fixed income from Social Security. Looking forward to your response, I remain with kind regards.
Travis Cult

Post by Travis Cult »

Hello, When I look on the website, my county is not listed in Nevada. Does this mean there is not help where I live? How can I get a list of resources? We have 4 children under 8 years old and our only income is Taco Bell. We are behind on rent & utilities & don’t even have a car to even move. We could be facing eviction here in Nevada in the near future, thus far the landlord has been pretty lenient but I cant imagine he is going to be that way forever. We sure could use a list of resources (with phone numbers) we could turn to. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What county is that? Regardless, there are statewide government benefits from DHHS in the state. Try those for help, as those resources cover the entire state. Read more on DHHS benefits in Nevada.
Travis Cult wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:00 am Hello, When I look on the website, my county is not listed in Nevada.