NEED HELP WITH WATER BILL IN BIRMINGHAM,AL

State and local government assistance programs.
ERIKA
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

NEED HELP WITH WATER BILL IN BIRMINGHAM,AL

Post by ERIKA »

I HAVE BEEN HAVING HARDTIMES TRYING TO MAKE ENDS MEET, I FEEL LIKE EVERYTIME I TAKE TWO STEPS FORWARD, I TAKE THREE BACK. I HAVE BEEN DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT, AS I KNOW OF BUT THE DEVIL IS TRYING TO WIN BUT I'M NOT GOING TO LET IT GET TO ME. THIS IS NEW FOR ME AND I DIDN'T KNOW SUCH OF A WEBSITE WAS OUT THERE. I AM A SINGLE PARENT OF THREE AND A REHAB ASSISTANT. I HAD TO TAKE TIME OFF TO HELP MY GRANDMA AND IN THAT TIME I FEEL A LITTLE BEHIND. I KNOW THIS IS NOT YOUR PROBLEM BUT IF THEIR IS ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME PLEASE.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: NEED HELP WITH WATER BILL IN BIRMINGHAM,AL

Post by Admin »

Try Project Share in Alabama. It provides utility bill help, and I think water bills as well. Project SHARE is run and offered by the American Red Cross. The project can prpvode aid at any time during the year, and it helps low income familes. Contact your local American Red Cross office for more info.
dhogan64

Help with Electric and Water Bills in Alabama

Post by dhogan64 »

A gentleman came to disconnect our electricity this morning. There are three people who live here who are disabled. I have been calling everywhere for assistance - Project Share, LIHEAP, Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. and all of them have said they have no available funds. If we do not pay the bill by tomorrow morning, our electricity will be disconnected. If anyone knows of anywhere in Blount County, Alabama that has funds to help, please let me know. I asked the lady at Red Cross if people were going to have to learn to live without electricity, she sort of laughed and said "probably so". I was already upset and that answer did not help. We can send billions of dollars to other countries, but we have people here who cannot afford food, electricity, water, etc.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Electric and Water Bills in Alabama

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you made a lot of the right calls. Another suggestion is try calling Community Action Agency of Northeast Alabama, Inc. at (256) 638-4430. They may have other assistance programs for utility disconnections and other resources that you may be able to use. That agency serves Blount County Alabama. Even ask those other agencies, like the Salvation Army, for referrals.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
dhogan64 wrote:A gentleman came to disconnect our electricity this morning. There are three people who live here who are disabled. I have been calling everywhere for assistance - Project Share, LIHEAP, Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc. and all of them have said they have no available funds. If we do not pay the bill by tomorrow morning, our electricity will be disconnected. If anyone knows of anywhere in Blount County, Alabama that has funds to help, please let me know. I asked the lady at Red Cross if people were going to have to learn to live without electricity, she sort of laughed and said "probably so". I was already upset and that answer did not help. We can send billions of dollars to other countries, but we have people here who cannot afford food, electricity, water, etc.