Just retired and am behind

State and local government assistance programs.
Martin10
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Just retired and am behind

Post by Martin10 »

I’m 62 and just filed for retirement. I will get my first payment until 02/2014. I’m currently getting public assistance, there paying $215.00 a month for my rent. My rent is $416.00 a month. I need assistance of $200.00 a month for 5 month. December 2013 - February 2014. I DON'T WANT TO GO TO A SHELTER!. I Will lose my room I have no where to go, Please help me I don’t want to live on the streets. Thank You for your help. I live in zip code 11226.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just retired and am behind

Post by Admin »

There are different resources for people over 60. First of all, you should also look into part time employment, as not too many people can "fully" retire these days. Then, check in with agency on aging centers, contact a community action agency, and explore other resources. Also, find more information help for seniors and those that have retired.
Espinoza1

Post by Espinoza1 »

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to ask financial assistance for our rent and utility bills, as I am retired.
We are in a financial difficulty. I lost my job July 2015. My husband has no job too. We were able to pay our bills from last year until last month because I used my 401K retirement funds and some odd jobs. I was sick during after I loose my job. I had severe depression, anxiety and diabetes. We were homeless in 2010. We are trying not to go back in the shelter house.
Please help us in our current situation. I am one month late in my rent and according to my landlord I need to pay 2 months (for July and August) this coming August 5. Our monthly rent is $1,405.00 plus penalty of $145.00. So I owe her 2 months rent of $ 2,810.00 plus $145.00 equals $2,955.00. My utility bill is $183.23. We are coming out of retirement and sending our resume and still waiting for their reply.
Please help my family. You can call me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is a lot of money you owe...$2955. If you are coming out of retirement, will you soon have an income? If you do (in short order) then an emergency loan may be an option for you. But you need to have funds to pay it off in short order! If not, then do not apply...and try other programs for your rent and bills.
Espinoza1 wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,
I am writing to ask financial assistance for our rent and utility bills, as I am retired.
We are coming out of retirement and sending our resume and still waiting for their reply.
Please help my family. You can call me.