Was injured while in the military

State and local government assistance programs.
Conners
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Was injured while in the military

Post by Conners »

I was wondering what kind of assistance I may qualify for. I am in the Georgia National Guard and got injured on duty. I have an approved LOD and a current profile. I had surgery in August 2013 but I did not get better. I lost my federal technician job in September of this year. I have used all of my credit and I my family can’t give me more money. I have filled to receive INCAP and AMDE pay from the military all the paper work I need to turn in has been. We are waiting for it to be sent up higher and then approved. But in the mean time I have no income. I can not file for unemployment because this would mess up my filling for the INCAP pay. Thank you for your time with this matter.
Devain

Re: Was injured while in the military

Post by Devain »

I am employed. I work three 24 hour shifts for an adult family home. I take care of all the needs for four senior citizens. I have been off work since October due to diverticulitis that I received while in the military. This is the second flare up in 8 years, and do not for see another problem with it in the near future. I was able to meet all of the outbid pocket monies due for medicine and a CT scan, as well as three Dr. Appointment copays. I am scheduled to resume my shifts in December.
I had food in the house, so that has not been an issue. I only live five miles from work and nine from the doctor. But gas hasn't been an issue. I just received approval for my power bill of 173.00 from the energy assistance program in the form of a one-time grant. The only bill I need help with desperately is my rent. I owe 800.00 that was due July 1st, with a 5/day late charge from the 6th. December rent is due December 1st. Eviction papers will be served December 6th I am told.
I am a 32 year old single woman. I live in a 560 sq. feet house. I have been here four years and really like where I am. When I looked at apartments or Duplex rentals. While they were larger, so was the rent. I plan to work until 66 years (full retirement age).
If there is a way for you to assist me in this very stressful matter it would be greatly appreciated. I would even be able to pay back the amount with a monthly payment. I'm not looking for a hand out, just for someone to give me a little bit of bit of help. Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Was injured while in the military

Post by Admin »

Thank you for your service first of all. Since you are not looking for a hand out, and are willing to repay the money, maybe try a free loan. The interest rate will normally be zero (especially for veterans) and the payment terms favorable. Also try your local VA office for information on benefits for veterans.
Devain wrote:If there is a way for you to assist me in this very stressful matter it would be greatly appreciated. I would even be able to pay back the amount with a monthly payment. I'm not looking for a hand out, just for someone to give me a little bit of bit of help. Thank you for your consideration. Sincerely.