Disabilities in Florida

State and local government assistance programs.
Sterling S
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabilities in Florida

Post by Sterling S »

I am on disability and this is my only source of income. Florida doesn't help in any other way. Unfortunately, I am struggling to meet my major expenses including: Gas/Electric, Rent, and Food. I own a very old car that needs a lot of work. I am unable to afford a new one.
I am behind on all of my bills and I recently received a disconnect notice for my gas and electric. I have recently been informed that I will need more surgery. I live alone and have very little emotional support. I am on a lot of medication as a result of my disability. I experience chronic & severe pain every day of my life. I am basically homebound. Life is stressful because of my poor diagnosis and the constant struggle of trying to met my basic financial needs. Any help that could be extended to me would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You! Blessings,
Mary B W

Re: Disabilities in Florida

Post by Mary B W »

Hi, I am new to the Orlando area, having moved here for a job in May. I am experiencing monetary difficulty. I have a hefty College tuition for my daughter and my other daughter is 3, who is disabled. I am a widow and the sole provider for my family. I live in Altamonte Springs and work in Orlando. I understand that you have, in the past, help out families at Easter. I was wondering if there is a way I could apply for any kind of financial, gift or food help. You can respond to my email below.
Kackie

Post by Kackie »

I am trying to get help for my brother who is disabled and living in Florida. His is 61 and his wife at an early age of 52 passed away in July. He is in dire need of assistance of rental assistance. He owes July rent and August rent. He just paid a 200.00 power bill and paid 100.00 on July rent. He owes 150.00 for July and 250.00 for August. I know he has a car payment and a loan payment. I am looking for him a male roommate to share the rent. The rent on the house is 500.00 a month. But we are willing to let Charles stay through August. But the 250.00 for August will have to be paid. and we will work with him on the 150.00.
FallOut

Post by FallOut »

I have contacted EVERY possible disability focused organizations in my area to find assistance and can't find it!!! We are beyond desperate!!! We live in Port Richey Florida. If you can find anything or anyone that could help the disabled I'd be greatly appreciative of the help. I've called 211, every place they gave me. Even contacted the governor and congressman and they give me the same places I've already contacted.
Don't know what to do anymore,