Need help in Illinois

State and local government assistance programs.
F Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need help in Illinois

Post by F Smith »

I am in need of rental and other assistance, on a temporary basis. Yesterday 12/9/2013 I was handed a letter from my landlord and their Properties, Notice to Tenant", stating I have 7 days from that date to pay my arrears of 1600.00 or proceedings will begin to evict. When I moved in to my Art studio/apartment I did so not aware that the government would pass a bill to lower benefits. I am waiting for disability to approve from the state of Illinois. This will help with my now indebtedness. I would appreciate any form of assistance, to help me stay in my apartment that is 600.00/month. To move is considered a hardship, I have spinal and lower back degenerative disc disease. Art is my therapy and affords me the low impact activity I am so much in need of. Thank you for listening.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help in Illinois

Post by Admin »

Well, we have tons of programs listed for Illinois, including disability resources, housing, rent, and more. However since you left so little time to get rent help, your options are very limited. It is best to ask as soon as you realize you are struggling and may fall behind. Regardless, you can still try for financial aid in Illinois, and the programs are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I recently emailed asking someone to please contact me, but here is a same/different message while I am remembering of one of the r reasons I need more help

West Frankfort, Illinois Crosswalk Action Agency has always never been hardly at helpful with the information I keep reading that states "Apply or seek application assistance at your local "community action agency".

For example today I called this morning and they were rude to me and would not even let me explain my question and why I was asking it and interrupted me resulting in me NOT getting the correct info I was originally seeking which is very important since my family is currently facing eviction very soon (this week to early next week).

Thanks
Lutz99

Post by Lutz99 »

Good evening,
My name is Shelbi, 08-30-1997. I am from Whiteside County, Illinois.
I have recently come into a hardship this month. I was pregnant, suffered a painful pregnancy, and recently discovered I lost my baby and had an emergency dace surgery on Wednesday, because I was bleeding excessively. I received a notice stating the funds needed to be paid by July 30th to avoid eviction on that day. I am a single mother of a 2 year old and 1 year old. If I get evicted or miss my utility bill I will be completely homeless, I am currently not working due to all of these health issues, but I am getting my job back at my recent employer after figuring out what was causing me to miss so many days. With the heat rising as it is, and I am slowly recovering, still in much pain, I cannot make rent happen like I anticipated. I have never missed my rent or any of my bills, I just really need some major help during this time.. I can provide you with my medical records to ensure I am being honest on my conditions, along with the eviction notice if funds are not paid by July 30th. If there is anything you can do to help me or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it a bunch.
I reside in Coloma Courts in Rock Falls IL. I have resided here since December 2019. My rent is $612.17. I can set up some form of payment arrangement if I can get some assistance with my bills. Please let me know my options.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not contact you. You need to contact an agency. Take the intitiative!
But we will send you resources fir Franklin County Illinois. You just need to pick up the phone, call, and apply - not us. Find resources here for asssitance in Franklin County IL.
Mustang wrote: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:04 am I recently emailed asking someone to please contact me, but here is a same/different message while I am remembering of one of the r reasons I need more help

West Frankfort, Illinois Crosswalk Action Agency has always never been hardly at helpful with the information I keep reading that states "Apply or seek application assistance at your local "community action agency".

Thanks
Marybeth

Post by Marybeth »

Hello, my name is Jesse. I live in Watseka Illinois and need help. A small town in Iroquois county.
I lost my job at the steel plant in town in May 2020 due to COVID-19. I was laid off. I got sick but was able to get unemployment. My unemployment ran out in December of 2021. I was current on my rent at that time. Now I'm $2000 in debt and need help. These people I rent from are also friends of mine. I usually don't do business with friends but I had no choice.
I am looking for help with rent. Back rent and a few months in advance until I can find work. I can't get work in town because there isn't much at all. I can put of town but I need a car. I'm working on that.
I just need any information or help in getting some breathing room by paying back rent and a few months up. Anything will help.
I've been googling but I keep getting scams and survey sites.
People who just want my info to send out. I'll awaken to ads all over my email and cellphone.
If you can help I'd appreciate it.
Thank you
Watseka Illinois
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have some resources you can try for Watseka Illinois. Find them here. Get financial help in Iroquois County.
There will be some COVID relief as well as debt help and other financial aid. Review the resources.
Marybeth wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:52 am Hello, my name is Jesse. I live in Watseka Illinois and need help. A small town in Iroquois county.
I lost my job at the steel plant in town in May 2020 due to COVID-19. I was laid off. I got sick but was able to get unemployment. My unemployment ran out in December of 2021. I was current on my rent at that time. Now I'm $2000 in debt and need help. These people I rent from are also friends of mine. I usually don't do business with friends but I had no choice.
I am looking for help with rent. Back rent and a few months in advance until I can find work. I can't get work in town because there isn't much at all. I can put of town but I need a car. I'm working on that.
I just need any information or help in getting some breathing room by paying back rent and a few months up. Anything will help.
I've been googling but I keep getting scams and survey sites.
People who just want my info to send out. I'll awaken to ads all over my email and cellphone.
If you can help I'd appreciate it.
Thank you
Watseka Illinois