Georgia resources and programs for bills and other help

State and local government assistance programs.
Papen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Georgia resources and programs for bills and other help

Post by Papen »

I am a single female and 6 months pregnant. I am disabled and have felony convictions. I have been without stable housing since December 2009 due to my mental health and drug addiction, which in turn let to criminal convictions. I just moved from Oklahoma to Georgia and was staying with a friend until an apartment was ready in her complex. I moved my some of my belongings in on Tuesday when I received my check and drove back here to Atlanta to get a few last things and take care of some business with the intentions of returning that evening and paying the landlord my $500 rent payment. My vehicle started overheating and wouldn't hold any coolant so I've been forced to fix it and now I do not have the money for my first months rent. I cannot continue to stay with my friend due to her cats and my allergies to them and I have nowhere else to go. I could use some guidance Please.
JMartin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Georgia resources and programs for bills and other help

Post by JMartin »

I moved to Georgia to go to school. I recently received a phone call saying date my 2 kids was going into foster care. Going back and forth from Atlanta to home to get my kids out of foster care caused me to time out of school. I have recently returned to school but getting my kids situated has caused me some financial hardship. I am in need of rental assistance for this month in order to level off. With help and going back to school I would be able to pay my rent on my Georgia home and keep my kids because to school gives me housing. But I want be able to get it until next month. So I'm seeking rental assistance.
Barkley

Post by Barkley »

I currently reside in Rome, Georgia and am a single parent of a 4 year old son and 2 year old. Currently he is on disability for Significant Developmental Delays, and receives child support $272 per month. I formerly worked for the Wal Mart in Floyd-County for nearly 3 years and was unrightfully terminated in August of this year.
I do receive food stamps and $97 per week for unemployment benefits. I'm am diligently seeking employment in the Atlanta area, but am hoping to find affordable housing in Marietta. As you can imagine I’m having a very difficult time paying a majority of my bills and searching for some rental assistance, until I can get my feet on the ground. I am a hard worker, and have just taken a hard hit since the termination of my employment. I have a bachelors degree and worked towards my masters degree for 2 years. I had good rental history, but currently am behind 3 months. My power is soon to be disconnected & is over $300. We have not been evicted as of yet.
My son and I lived in East Cobb for about 5 years, so we are familiar with the area and am very pleased with their school system. I can't seem to catch a break and if there is anything that you could offer us, It would be greatly appreciated and not taken for granted. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you are only making a few hundred per month, sorry to say you will not be able to find affordable housing anywhere, including in Atlanta or Marietta. Try getting the child support from your husband. Take him to court, so him, etc. Whatever it takes. We have extensive information on programs in Georgia, and you can find them on our site. Read more.
acampbell

Post by acampbell »

I am in need of help & legal help for me and my young son. I was involved in a verbal domestic violence and before anything got worse I pack my son and myself up and we went to a hotel. Mainly because none of the shelters had room as far as they said and the ones that did said they couldn't take my son because he is 13 years old. And a few tried to tell me to put my CHILD in a Men shelter which is wrong on their part he is a kid. My kid.
Then I ended up having a anxiety attack and when I asked for help from the hospital social worker and she said she had to call DFCS. I told her okay, I have no fear of them because I am a great mom but just disabled. A man came and arranged for me to be put in a low budget hotel in an area I didn't know of out of my son's school zone. I was told by him to try my best to arrange something soon because the daytime caseworker will not help you. He was so right as I never heard from this case worker until 15 days later and all she kept saying was I should put my son in foster care. She never offered any resources nor other help that’s all she said to me and even asked my son. He told her NO.
When I asked for food help and help with the room, she denied it. It took her a week to finally answer and she brought by a $10 Kroger card which the nearest Kroger wasn't even in walking distance. And they refuse more help. I inquired help elsewhere even email supervisor, State human services of their attempt to break my family with no just cause. Then it was like all the assistance I have put in for were taking more than the time the state regulation stated up to 45 days.
My food stamps took over 3 months to get my card and they wouldn't help with food. My TANF/cash assistance was denied off of their claim they didn’t receive papers I signed and sent back to them. Now I have reissued the same papers and over 45 days later I don't have the help. And when I called 35 days in I was told that I was missing a few papers that needed to be signed by me that no one told me about.
I have sent those back and still waiting. No one seems to be doing their job and the so called FAMILY PRESERVATION who so called mission is to preserve families is trying to have me lose everything to help DFCS take my son. Which is against their job description to intentionally cause a family harm.
I want to sue DFCS. Threats of this when I haven't done anything wrong is causing my health to get worst not better with anxiety and depression. I am permanently disabled from two brain surgeries and still have piece of it in my head that I am dealing with. Why is it that a great mom only doing right by my child they trying to not help but the many kids parents they do help ends up in bad results. All I need is the help that is claimed in writing for me, so why won't the people in charge not doing their jobs that they are paid for. And all that are their to Preserve the Families do their job and Preserve my family instead of trying to split us up. It will be the fault of DFCS and yes I have kept all emails and record of when calls were made. Georgia has become worse than I remember when this was a great state.
DruryNM

Post by DruryNM »

I am contacting you in behalf of my daughter in law/son and three children. They also have a newborn grandson/older grandson age 11 and a granddaughter age 9. They are in desperate need to help pay rent and electric, I just had a colon resection surgery for cancer of the colon and my son on emergency came to help me. My sons truck broke down in Maryland where I live. There landlord in Georgia gave them an eviction notice and the electric company already shut the electric off. I have more cancer treatments to go thru and I can't help;
My daughter in law is trying to take care of everything with no electric and being evicted if they don't pay by herself and there is nowhere to turn. We have called different places with no hope of help. Please help my daughter in laws. Please help we are feeling hopeless as my son has no way to fix his truck yet and get back to Georgia. Please contact my daughter in law who will be on the street with her children, this will only be a onetime help. Thank you very much.
Sheena

Post by Sheena »

My reasons for needing temporary assistance is as follows: My husband died suddenly at home standing in the presence of our two sons and myself. The boys and I stayed in the apartment because I couldn't afford it any longer. Well when I received my utility bill from our last apartment all at once, it was $1153 our utilities were shut off so I paid $500 to have lights and water turned on again. So, now the 3rd of June I have to pay $602.66.
I am a student (BSCJ) AIU- ONLINE UNIVERSITY had just started when he died. My alternator needs fixing (400$) and rent is due and I need a little help. We live in Atlanta GA. I am 45 years old.
My boys receive SS from their dad of $535 each and mine is $458 and also adoption assistance of $866.86 so with these unexpected expenses it's hard and I haven't even mentioned food. I am actively seeking employment in Georgia, my boys are good boys our new apartment is ($600/month) so we can afford to pay our bills, we just need a helping hand, right now. I also am a Substitute teacher.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It seems like you are making almost $2000 per month in all those benefits and the cash aid from adoption. That is a lot of money for a lost cost of living area such as Fulton County Georgia. And that is not even including income from a job! So if you just worked, you would be fine. Any agency you apply at will more than likely say the exact same thing, that you are not showing initiative to fix your situation by just getting some form of employment. Anyway, locate the Atlanta and Fulton County assistance programs.
Mr. Aperghis

Post by Mr. Aperghis »

I AM DISABLED, AND BROKE OFF ABUSE WHEN I WAS A TEEN. HE TOOK ALL MY MONEY ALL THE TIME, SO I HAD NO MONEY WHEN I LEFT. BUT I HAD TO COME UP WITH DEPOSIT AND RENT FOR OUR HOME IN ATLANTA GEORGIA.
I OWE A LOT OF MONEY OUT TO PEOPLE AND I STILL OWE DOCTOR BILLS AND I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH FOR MY MEDICINE. I TAKE PAIN MEDICATIONS EVERY MONTH. THE INSURANCE SAID I NEED TO COME UP WITH $350.00 BEFORE THEY KICK IN. I CAN NOT LIVE WITH OUT THEM.
I STILL HAVE NOT PAID THE FIRST MONTH BILLS FOR THE HOUSE THAT I AM RENTING, I LIVE SO FAR OUT NOW THE GAS I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH TO PUT IN MY CAR TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND I PAYING FOR STORAGE.
NOW BEING HANDICAPPED I CAN'T EVEN MOVE MY STUFF. I BEEN SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR AS I BORROWED A SLEEPING BAG, AND A COUPLE DISHES. I BEEN AT THE FOOD PANTRY AND I ALSO GOT DOGS BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE HEART TO GET RID OF THEM. THATS WHY I COULD NOT FIND A PLACE TO RENT.
IT TOOK 1 1/2 MONTHS, SLEEPING ON THE COACH AT SISTERS IN GEORGIA, I COULD NOT BRING DOGS THERE AS SHES SICK, SO HE KEPT THEM.
I NEED TO FEED THE DOGS TOO, AND THE CATS. BEING DISABLED I WAS NOT ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN. I HAD 8 BACK SURGERYS, THE DOGS HELP ME FROM GOING CRAZY.
I NEED A LOT OF HELP, I HAVE CALL OVER A HUNDRED PLACE'S BUT NO ONE CAN HELP ME.I WILL TAKE ANY THING YOU CAN DO OR IF YOU KNOW SOME ONE ELSE. PLEASE HELP, THANK YOU.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to that pantry, try the SNAP expedited program. It can often be approved in Georgia in as little as 3 days. There are vouchers for buying groceries, etc. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... dited.html
It is basically food stamps with a shorter application process. But it will not pay for any dog items though.
Mr. Aperghis wrote: NOW BEING HANDICAPPED I CAN'T EVEN MOVE MY STUFF. I BEEN SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR AS I BORROWED A SLEEPING BAG, AND A COUPLE DISHES. I BEEN AT THE FOOD PANTRY AND I ALSO GOT DOGS BUT I DO NOT HAVE THE HEART TO GET RID OF THEM. THATS WHY I COULD NOT FIND A PLACE TO RENT.
IT TOOK 1 1/2 MONTHS, SLEEPING ON THE COACH AT SISTERS IN GEORGIA, I COULD NOT BRING DOGS THERE AS SHES SICK, SO HE KEPT THEM.
I NEED TO FEED THE DOGS TOO, AND THE CATS. BEING DISABLED I WAS NOT ABLE TO HAVE CHILDREN. I HAD 8 BACK SURGERYS, THE DOGS HELP ME FROM GOING CRAZY.
Mills

Post by Mills »

Greetings, I am in a bind and really need help I recently moved to Atlanta Georgia trying to find a better job and I am on Section 8 due to the fact that I have not found a job yet.
I am left with electricity bills and water bills. I really need help. The people who they are referring me to United Way are requesting that I have proof of income and I do not have that. That's why I am reaching out to you googling everyone I can that may help me please help me.
follow

Post by follow »

Hello, we are in need of rental assistance... we are currently staying in a hotel... my brother is looking for a job but has since had no such luck and I receive social security payments... but our issue is that any apartment complex in the Atlanta area will not let you live there without having had a job for at least 1-2 months and we are out of funds for this month
My need is that I need financial assistance with paying my weekly rent or need help finding an apartment that does not require you to have income verification...