Disabled needs food and other help

State and local government assistance programs.
tania1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled needs food and other help

Post by tania1 »

I recently received food stamps and I am trying to figure out any other assistance programs I may be eligible for in Tennessee. I am going to apply for disability. My husband is on temporary disability and will be applying for full disability as well. We need help with high electric bills as well as water. We have received several notices of disconnection on the electric bill and am always running past due. We have not been disconnected yet but it's always a struggle to scrape up cash so we don't get cut off. We are in desperate need of some assistance and guidance to figure out where we can get some help. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disabled needs food and other help

Post by Admin »

Filing for disability will not provide any additional assistance for those needs. If anything you will get a small monthly check that will cover some portion of expenses, but that is if you are found to be qualified and the process take months. Anyhow, we do have information on pantries, LIHEAP, and more. We also have details on some disability resources, and those can be found on the main site. Continue.
Mort

Re: Disabled needs food and other help

Post by Mort »

Hello I'm currently awaiting an answer for my Disability Benefits. It was denied for lack of medical
records which had been resolved and is now in reevaluation which has taken 3 months. I'm running out of people to borrow money from.
They are going to repo my car, turn my electric off. I cannot or did not pay my rent last month or buy food. There is no reason I should not be able to be approved. It is taking so long over a year. I was hoping there is a way to get an advance as my depression is becoming extreme. I am currently trying to find a surgeon to complete my surgery and have an ongoing lawsuit. Please lead me in the right direction.