Delaware resources for bills, rent, and basic needs

State and local government assistance programs.
Pillsbury
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Delaware resources for bills, rent, and basic needs

Post by Pillsbury »

Hi, I'm a single mother of a disabled blind son. He has a rare disorder called septo optic dysplasia with optic nerve hypoplasia as well as pervasive development disorder nos. Due to his condition, it has limited my ability to hold down a job and we are struggling to make ends meet by living off his supplemental security income which is only $710 a month. I'm needing help paying our rent which is $380 out electricity and water. I've spent so much time trying find resources in Delaware and have exhausted myself. As if today I've received an eviction notice and need assistance.
charlesSch

Re: Delaware resources for bills, rent, and basic needs

Post by charlesSch »

The state I live in is Delaware. I am researching some possibilities for financial help in my state. Due to illness ,I have been unemployed for quite some time. With the help of medication I am doing better and am currently seeking employment.
My husband and I are currently on a trial program with our mortgage company. We have one more trial payment due on the 1st of March and then hope for a modification. My husband works as much as he possibly can, but we are struggling to make ends meet. I have to make a choice to pay utilities or the mortgage. The electric, phone, and cable company have been working with me the last several months to stretch out due dates as long as I make a promise to pay. It is becoming more difficult each month. I do not think we would qualify as low income, but moderate however it is still not enough.
We have a nine year old son and we need to care for him, feed him, and keep him warm as well as ourselves. Is there anything you could recommend I look into within my state for some financial assistance? I thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

Hello,
I am a Delaware resident. I need information on how to get help with a few things during our time of need. I would not ask if we were not in great need.
I need assistance with our Gas, and Heating bills.
Also I need help getting the HRRP (Heating Repair Replace Program) Our unit is broken. We have 2 young children. It's getting colder and I'm trying to find something to help us.
MinVicking

Post by MinVicking »

My biggest concern is with housing and electrical bill.
My rent is 650.00 - my landlord is willing to work with me if HUD in Delaware will do a subsidy program. But neither of us know who to contact to find out how to start the process. I don't think I will have a problem paying my electrical bill in the fall, winter and spring - but right now with the air conditioning I am struggling.
Lertyou

Post by Lertyou »

Hello,
It is commendable that you have compiled a list to help people in dire straits across the country. However; your Delaware list is out of date. There are no programs that assist people and those who are in a shelter do not have a choice of when they are prepared to leave. There is no supportive counseling, how I know is I have been on the RRh list for almost 2 years, I also have a friend who is Code Purple and they do give tents, but they do not have all the parts. There are families What coat (Peoples Place) Dover discharges without move in dates or another place to go, which they then will call Social Services and have the persons child(ren) removed. There is NO shelter for unaccompanied youth, and lastly, there is no secure place for DV victims. That is just for starters.
Stretch

Post by Stretch »

I am running out of hope and time!
I live in Kent county Delaware; I am a 55 year old single parent . I have worked hard my entire life!
On March 10, I lost my job due to no fault of my own.
Filed for unemployment and did not receive a check for four weeks. And it's only 900$ monthly!
I am frantically looking for a job! I have half of the back rent! But if I don't have the full balance my daughter and myself will be evicted. I don't have anywhere to go.
I did go to social services and left crying and feeling humiliated! They advised my landlord isn't registered with the State and nor will she!
I will provide proof of everything.
I am only asking for help one time.
I am feeling defeated, hopeless not wanting to go on. I just need a hand up! Please can you help? Or send me in the right direction? I'm only have a few days left then I will be homeless. I have reached out to Catholic charities, Salvation Army no one has funding. I am distraught at the lack of help in Delaware. I have never been unemployed or in this type of situation. I am humiliated, embarrassed, I can't stop crying! I want nothing more but to be able to pay my own bills. I am a good person and hardworking. I just simply need a little help.
Sincerely
Manuela