Benefits from government and public sources

State and local government assistance programs.
BrianMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Benefits from government and public sources

Post by BrianMac »

Hi. I currently fell behind one month on my rent. I recently had a car accident in a car I was paying a Chapter 13 on and had bad insurance which didn't cover any of my expenses. I had to covert to a Chapter 7 and paid with my rent money. I only receive social security disability benefits from the state of Nevada for systemic lupus. I do also get some public food aid. I haven't been able to get around now to do any part time work without a vehicle now. I have tried using transportation from disability office and the local county government, but it is hard to coordinate. In addition to having a lupus flare due to the stress of this situation. Please help me get back on track? Please help me my rent is $650. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Benefits from government and public sources

Post by Admin »

That is several different issues. Maybe look into low income, government subsidized and/or public housing. After that, file for SSDI disability benefits. The disabled can sometimes get transportation (but very rarely) from saying aging centers. We do have extensive details on benefits from public agencies and the government listed, and those can be found here at public assistance benefits.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

I don’t consider myself special but maybe more scared or desperate. I decided to leave my last job back in December of 2013. My Step dad came to me and said he needed his hip replaced and needed me to join the family business which deals with fire safety. I started August 2013 I worked hard in coal mines power plants and refineries. After his operation he was quickly on his feet and I guess it became to much to have me on. As soon as I made my first mistake he let me go.
Since he paid me under the table until 4/1/14 he said in the beginning that he was doing it to help me since I was making less with him than at my last job but it seemed like he planned it to not pay unemployment when he did not need me anymore. So on paper I did not really work there long enough to get unemployment. He let me go right before my rent check and now I am scared and feel like me and my wife and three kids are going to lose our home. I am hard at applying but also know with every passing day we are getting deeper in rent and bills. I have never had to cry out for help like this I have always been the working man and family provider.
We have a girl and I just took on my wife’s four other children back in May. They are ages two and eight and five after years long custody battle with their drug abusing no good father. Now it feels like everything we just worked so hard for is falling apart.
Also to take the cake since I am the sole provider when we filed taxes. Someone out there filed me as there spouse. I took all the steps needed, I filed a stolen identity report but we will not see our taxes until July or August. I am not asking for much or a lot of public benefits. Even ten bucks helps and that’s ten towards rent, diapers, milk, wipes, or gas to continue the hunt for a job. Or the money will help us take our five year old to school. I would be even willing to pay back if blessed with any help with our taxes. I am a father lost and trying anything out there for help just to get us by until I am back at work taking care of my families needs.
Bellicheck

Post by Bellicheck »

I am a woman who is recently diagnosed with a heart problem and possible autoimmune problem at the age of 52. I have no family-no support system. I do not even have health insurance or any other government benefis. I live alone and I am terrified I am going to be homeless. I have a temporary job, but have not been able to work all this week. I have 2 choices -work FT- and get no medical care or go to register in a clinic which is an all day/all week affair, so it is nearly impossible to hold down a daytime job while you are going to clinics.
I am living paycheck to paycheck, and the loss of just this week has now put me in a position I cannot pay the electric and money towards October rent. Unfortunately I fall between the cracks to get immediate assistance from any government agency. I am not on disability and do not have any dependents. Not to mention that disability takes a long time to get on and it wouldn't be enough to cover my bills.
I am asking for help with 1 to 2 months rent and food and hopefully electric so I can prevent myself from being homeless and continue seeking the medical care I really need and get the tests and complete work up and care I desperately need, and then go back to work.
I'm so scared of my health issue and now I also have the added stress I will become homeless. I need government or public insurance and financial aid too. I have all my medical records to show this is true. Times like these usually a family member would be there but I lost everyone to heart disease or cancer. Thank you for reading.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you try the disability benefit yet? You do not need health insurance for that...it is a safety new program. While it may take many months to apply, once you are approved that money can help you with your rent and other bills. It is intended to assist people with heart conditions and the like. We have instructions on steps for applying for disability, as well as different agencies that may assist you in the process. Even if you have a job, you can still apply.
Bellicheck wrote:I am a woman who is recently diagnosed with a heart problem and possible autoimmune problem at the age of 52. I have no family-no support system. I do not even have health insurance or any other government benefis. I live alone and I am terrified I am going to be homeless.
CarDon13

Post by CarDon13 »

I am seeking help for my family of 6. I lost my job of 6 years in May. I am in the appeal process fighting to receive unemployment benefits. My husband had surgery on his foot and is non weight bearing. He is not able to work at this time. Prior to his surgery he was a stay at home father as we have 4 children. We are on government benefits including cash assistance and receive food stamps. The cash we receive monthly does not cover rent and utilities. Please let me know of any type of assistance you could offer or lead us to.
Thank-you!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is support from the state. But also took to a lawyer for help with an appeal. As far as for now, try public assistance in Mississippi. They may be able to help you and your family get the support they need.
CarDon13 wrote:I am seeking help for my family of 6. I lost my job of 6 years in May. I am in the appeal process fighting to receive unemployment benefits. My husband had surgery on his foot and is non weight bearing. He is not able to work at this time. Prior to his surgery he was a stay at home father as we have 4 children. We are on government benefits including cash assistance and receive food stamps. The cash we receive monthly does not cover rent and utilities. Please let me know of any type of assistance you could offer or lead us to.
Thank-you!!
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

My mother is a 91 year old who's only source of income is social security benefits $1700. Out of that amount, she pays a plethora of bills. She really needs public assistance with paying her bills. I am looking for some financial assistance that can help with paying her bills. She pays county and city taxes, utilities, household expenses, medication, food, mortgage, property maintenance cost, phone, transportation, and other essential items. You can call her, that is her home number. She was born 8/30/1925.
missionredder

Post by missionredder »

Good morning. I am reaching out on behalf of my daughter. She is living in a 2 bedroom apartment with her four children and she gets government benefits now but needs more public assistance. She has kids Ages 12, 10,8 and 5. The rent is $1075 and her efforts to find something more affordable for the past year has been in vain. She is struggling to pay it.
She has worked at Walgreens since August of 2022 and receives food stamps benefits and Medicaid from the government for the children. She receives some child support but as you can imagine it has been hard making ends meet. I help her as much as I can but I’m the only one working as my husband is on a fixed income. I forwarded the latest email from the landlord. He told me that the owner of the apartments where she’s living won’t hesitate to start the eviction process once the deferred payment and the benefits from the government is over and rent is late. They did the deferred program for the tenants because of the mill shutting down here in town. Any help would be most appreciated.