Help needed in Arkansas

State and local government assistance programs.
Asbutterfly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Help needed in Arkansas

Post by Asbutterfly »

Hello,
We are in need of some one time assistance getting caught up on our rent and water bill. Between the 2 we need about $1600 or they shut off our water & we will be evicted. We got behind due to some unforeseen expenses and have not been able to pay rent for December & am over $800 in arrears for the water bill. We live in Arkansas right now. I’m not sure what info you need so I will waiting for a reply before saying more.
Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Help needed in Arkansas

Post by Admin »

Well, rent assistance in Arkansas is more likely than water bills. Funds for that is rare. However $1600 is quite a bit of money and that is hard to find on short notice. Most non-profits in Arkansas may offer some limited assistance or partial payments, but that is about all you can expect. Resources are very limited in Arkansas. Anyway, Find Arkansas programs.
Lewis

Post by Lewis »

We live in Conway Arkansas. My fiancé was sick, broke his leg in December and I just lost my job. We have a 6 year old son. I was on ATR grant and never received my funds by provider. I just moved and am a female from Ohio. I lived in a transitional housing after a year, and recently reunited with my Son a mom after 3 years, 2 of which I was in prison. I have worked for the last 2 years up until 3 weeks ago and we are looking at being evicted. My son has friends here he has finally calmed down from ADHD and stress from what His mom said. They were in a very abusive relationship. Any help with getting our rent paid I can Work it off. I don’t know. But I'm falling as the father and soon to be husband. Thank you.
AIGDirect

Post by AIGDirect »

Hello, I found a stable job after being laid off from previous
work almost 3 months ago in Missouri, on the border with Arkansas. I obtained a place to live that is close by
where I will be working, starting February 5th in Rogers AR.
My need is the electric company that serves the area I am to be relocating at wants 240.00
for deposit to turn on my power. It is high do to the fact my mail was
being transferred to another State by mistake for many months, so it made us late
on paying our present electric company many times, it took us
6 months to fix it. I tried to explain this to the new electric company
called Carol electric of Rogers, Arkansas, but they said it was not there problem, you were late in paying
no exceptions. I have contacted every VA service and NON-VA service in Arkansas
as well as Missouri with no help. We desperately need this money as we are moving
to new apartment on November 1st or so. We have used up almost
all our own funds to stay barely above water, and that is without
purchasing essentials for living, food, etc. We cannot afford to lose
this great job opportunity. Any help would be appreciated.
JamesGag

Post by JamesGag »

I am writing this email because I do not know where to turn.

My husband and I live in southern Arkansas and we have attempted to get help for food and medical services.
I applied for SNAP and have been told that we can't get the help because we own land. We have it listed for sale, have the contracts as well as the listing fact sheets to show this. Most of these properties have been listed since 2007 and according to the federal web site it states that if the land is for sale, it is not part of the assets. Our income has been a whole 7800.00 this year.

We have been living on money that we have borrowed and a credit cards. Case workers don't seem to give a damn. I have NO money to buy groceries. We have no ability to get the needed blood tests to renew medication
for my husband or myself. If these so called case workers knew what the federal web site says, you would think they knew that the money borrowed to live on a loan against the land that is listed for sale. NONE OF THE LANDS IS AN ASSET SINCE IT HAS A LOAN AGAINST IT. The land is worth less than the amount owed at this point. And remember, it has been for sale for 6 years.

How are we to pay bills? In July we won't even have a place to live, nor a place to store our stuff. I do not know what to do or who to turn to. At the age of 53, no one even wants to hire us. They say ” We are going in another direction".

My husband had a heart bypass 2 years ago and needs blood work, but the doctor wanted MORE to do blood tests. It cost 142.00 (credit card) for a 5 minute office call in September with no blood work. To date, The test still have not been done.

In constant back pain but unable to get any disability. I have heart issues as well as Lupus and Thyroid issues. Again, no ability to get the necessary assistance. Why is it I see people driving $50,000 vehicles yet they can get food, rent, utilities and other assistance. I am sure we are in as much need for help as they. Yet we can't qualify? What is wrong with this picture??? WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO.

This is what honesty get you??? Yet on the news all you hear is that the Food Stamp program is growing and needs to be cut back. A woman who made 80,000 a year and she finds out how easy it is to get SNAP. All I can ask is WHERE? I am destitute at 7800.00 a year income and I can get NOTHING? I guess the idea is
for people our age to just lay down and "decrease the surplus population". ANY IDEAS would be appreciated.
Thanks for listening and I am sorry to complain, but I DO NOT understand.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We strongly disagree with your comment on people driving $50,000 cars in Arkansas but receiving public aid. That is an outrageous statement. That being said, we do have a tons of information on programs you can try for food and more. But with that long list of needs it sounds like you are in trouble. You may need to move in with relatives until you can get your financial situation in better shape. As any aid is very limited and maybe at most you can get several hundred dollars worth of food, energy bill help, etc. Anyway, find the resources in Arkansas. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
HollyJ

Post by HollyJ »

My wife is 6 months pregnant and we live together with our 9 year old daughter in a 600 square apartment in Benton, AR. We spent our last money on our rent of 500. We have a 250 utility bill that we got extended till the end of the month. Plus we do not have any groceries. We get Food Stamps, and well the food does not last all month. We really need some help with utilities and rent right now until we can get back on our feet. PLEASE HELP!!!
Schuster

Post by Schuster »

Hello. I lived in Garland, Arkansas
A few weeks ago I lost everything in the flood. Home, furniture, personal items. My car tore up day they evacuated us. It’s still in shop, I owe them $220. I've contacted state agencies & local charities... No assistance has been given.
I'm a single female 47 years old, and I had been off work for 11 month with back surgeries, then I developed nerve root compression which has prevented me from doing even the simplest things. I have yet to get my disability.
I've worked hard all my life to provide for self, and now I have absolutely nothing. I was blessed by someone allowing me to stay in their camper...no air or water, but still greatly appreciated. I need help...I don't know who else to contact. Please advise if you or someone else provides disaster assistance. I'm down to my last $7, no flood insurance, and no car.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read my email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For a flood, try the Red Cross or Salvation Army. These two groups normally respond in a crisis. They may give you some more household goods or place you into a shelter/motel for a few days. Especially if you have a job and are otherwise financially stable, your chances for help increase. Find the Garland County assistance programs.
Schuster wrote:Hello. I lived in Garland, Arkansas
A few weeks ago I lost everything in the flood. Home, furniture, personal items. My car tore up day they evacuated us. It’s still in shop, I owe them $220. I've contacted state agencies & local charities... No assistance has been given.
Islander

Post by Islander »

I'M HAVING FINANCIAL PROBLEM WITH PAYING RENT AND UTILITIES. I LIVE IN NORTH LITTLE ROCK Arkansas. I'M UNABLE TO GET LOW INCOME HOUSING BECAUSE THEY SAY I OWE PUBLIC HOUSING FROM 10 YEARS AGO AND MY SON HAS A FELONY CHARGE FROM 3 YEARS AGO.
HE DIDN'T DO NO TIME AND NOW HE'S BACK IN SCHOOL. HE'S UNABLE TO GET A JOB BECAUSE OF THE CHARGE. SO WE ON DEPEND ON MY SSI CHECK. I CAN'T WORK IN PUBLIC PLACES DUE TO A MEDICAL CONDITION. I NEED HELP BEFORE WE END UP IN THE STREETS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE.
Greenwich

Post by Greenwich »

Hello, I live in Paragould, AR. I am currently unemployed and seeking
Employment. I and my 3 kids live in my mother’s house. And my fiancé
lives with his friend since there is not much room here. He works and brings home 340/week. I was trying to find out if there was any way I
could get assistance/grant to get me, my fiancé, and kids into a
House. All we need is 1st months’ rent, deposit and get utilities turned on. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there is something you can do. You can contact some of the job training centers in Greene County Arkansas. you can apply at a charity for financial aid, or seek food from a pantry and request other assistance as well. There are many options for you in the Paragould region.
Greenwich wrote:Hello, I live in Paragould, AR. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.