Las Vegas Nevada Assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
ybnormull
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Las Vegas Nevada Assistance

Post by ybnormull »

I need help badly. I was laid off in Oct. 2008.
I had to give up the house I'd lived in for 5 years. I had a job for 1 month from May to June when that company ran out of work. I had good credit and ran it all up trying to keep from losing everything. Now I'm still losing everything and have huge debt.
While I was working years ago I started stocking non-perishables just in case anything like this were to happen. I've been living off that but now I'm out of food. If I spend no money, I can make the rent but I didn't pay any bills this month and I'm getting disconnect notices.
I started college full-time in June in a bachelors program and just completed my first quarter with nearly a 4.0 GPA I have been unsuccessful as yet at finding any grants or scholarships. It's looking as though I will have to put everythiong in storage and live in my vehicle. Las Vegas NV.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Las Vegas Nevada Assistance

Post by Admin »

I suggest trying a community action organization in Las Vegas. They may be able to help you with your bills, debts, and get back on your feet.
May be able to provide housing assistance and more.
http://www.csareno.org/
They offer programs in much of Nevada, and can refer you to local Las Vegas areas if need be.
Shannon12

Post by Shannon12 »

I would like some help with Rent. My husband has been out of regular work for about 5 months. We have managed to pull things together so far however everything is gone now. Savings, family contacts, and friends have helped however now there is no where else to turn.
My monthly rent in Vegas is 1,000, my car payment is 97 week, his car payment is 146.50 every two weeks, utilities run about 400.00 a month. My income is 2000.00 a month just with what I have listed here it comes to 2081 and that is not getting me back and forth to work food for the family or daycare expense. The list goes on and on. Please let me know if you can help us.
Rouse

Post by Rouse »

I live in Las Vegas, and I was living with a roommate and well he’s in jail so all my living expenses are to tight for my income. I get disability amount under $970 per month. And I need help paying off my electric and gas bill. I'm power shut off last Thursday, so I had to borrow money to just turn power back on and my gas is about to go as well as my phone service.
I can't pay the electric bill like it is or the gas bill. I have a disconnected bill on gas, which I imagine they will shut off around the 18th of August. My roommate / best friend got into some trouble and is stuck in Jail so he can't come to my rescue and I need help. Once the initial huge bills are paid, I can pay the monthly as long as they don't go over a certain amount.
I also like where I live and I have animals so I need help with rental payments, maybe lowering them to $500 rather then $700 per month. I already get disability, Medicare and medicaid and part D. But that's not enough with the growing economy. My check covers other bills unrelated to living expenses as I had bills before my injuries.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As you said, since the economy is growing then get a job. There are tons of them. A growing economy in Las Vegas does not "entitle" you to more money for doing nothing. Terrible attitude to have. You are also asking for the sun and the moon...anything else on your list of demands? As maybe you can ask them when applying for financial help in Las Vegas, as there are many organizations to try.
Rouse wrote:I live in Las Vegas, and I was living with a roommate and well he’s in jail so all my living expenses are to tight for my income. I get disability amount under $970 per month. And I need help paying off my electric and gas bill. I'm power shut off last Thursday, so I had to borrow money to just turn power back on and my gas is about to go as well as my phone service.
I can't pay the electric bill like it is or the gas bill. I have a disconnected bill on gas, which I imagine they will shut off around the 18th of August. My roommate / best friend got into some trouble and is stuck in Jail so he can't come to my rescue and I need help. Once the initial huge bills are paid, I can pay the monthly as long as they don't go over a certain amount.
I also like where I live and I have animals so I need help with rental payments, maybe lowering them to $500 rather then $700 per month. I already get disability, Medicare and medicaid and part D. But that's not enough with the growing economy. My check covers other bills unrelated to living expenses as I had bills before my injuries.
MarcoR

Post by MarcoR »

Hello, live in las Vegas NV. I'm 19 years old and currently in the process of trying to get my first apartment with my girlfriend who is 20 and need assistance We were staying with my mother until we got on our feet but she kicked us out now were bouncing from place to place barely any money, food, clothes. The apartment we found is good in our price range but we have to pay $862.72 total to be able to move in.
We have until Friday the 20th to be out of the place we were staying now at until we got the money to move in to our new apartment or we will be homeless with no place to go. Please can you help or have an organization in mind that can help with this emergency assistance please in Vegas. if so I can be contacted.
Sheerhan

Post by Sheerhan »

Hello,
My mother is a senior citizen in Lad Vegas. I live in California. She is in separate need of assistance in Las Vegas. She has lost her ID and her debit card. She has some mental issues so it is hard to communicate with her from California to help her get her debit card replaced and her ID. Is there anyone that could go visit her to help her with her paperwork?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Salvation Army has multiple locations in both the city of Las Vegas as well as Clark County. they do have many senior citizen programs. Or give referrals too. Either way, they can be a great option. Read more on Las Vegas Salvation Army assistance programs. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... assis.html
Sheerhan wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:18 pm Hello,
My mother is a senior citizen in Lad Vegas.
BLM1

Post by BLM1 »

My name is Raymond . I live in Las Vegas, NV. I moved here in December from Cleveland, OH to help my family. Unfortunately for the short term things haven't gone as planned. I will be without a place to stay in 5 days until my Sister finds another house through Section 8. She has until June when her voucher expires. Until then it's either living out of my car or I guess who knows were. I need help in paying my phone bill for April at least so she can get ahold of me. My phone bill is only $61. And then I need to pay my car payment for March which is due tomorrow and that's $381 and my car insurance which is $182 and is due by Sunday. And knowing I will be living out of my car until then scares me. I need help very bad and assistance in Las Vegas. I'm scared. Can you help me please? Whatever you can do I will greatly appreciate. Thank you.