Resources in Colorado and assistance needed

State and local government assistance programs.
RMM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Resources in Colorado and assistance needed

Post by RMM »

Dear Sirs,
I recently got divorce after 15 years of marriage. My children are grown and serving in the US Army. I find myself alone with my three tropical parrots, and without a place to live in Colorado. At present I'm living with an American family, but lately I have felt the need to move on. I'm constantly tending to their needs while neglecting my own personal affairs. I was a homemaker for the whole life of the marriage, and I need to start looking up for ways to survive through this very difficult time. I received an "spousal maintenance" but it isn't enough for me to make up the whole amount on rent payments, food, and miscellaneous needs. I will be very appreciative if you could provide me with all the information I need in order to take care of this important matter. I don't want to be a burden, but as for now, I need all the resources that are available for single divorce women like me in order to get on my feet, search for a job and last, but not least prepare myself in some sort of career to become marketable. I appreciate your prompt attention to this message,
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resources in Colorado and assistance needed

Post by Admin »

Well, there are not any special programs for single women that are divorced. Seniors, disabled, etc. may get special aid in Colorado, but not with your situation. However all hope is not lost. You can still look into all those other non-profit programs, charities, and agencies that operate across Colorado. They have job training, food, utility assistance and more. For example, there are free food pantries all across Colorado. Anyway, find resources and read more.
Papen

Post by Papen »

I live in Denver CO. I was recently displaced due to my previous Landlord illegally evicting me from his unit. I am employed with the City of Denver Colorado and have fallen into a terrible hardship financially. I was going through a double garnishment to which I had to file for a Chapter 13 to have the ability to eat and take care of my children. Being asked to leave and paying a pro-rated rent along with the expense of moving has fallen hard on my family and myself. I was paying $50.00 every week on my Energy bill and at this time not only has the bill transferred over but I stopped paying because now not only is my rent more but I have been trying to play catch up on everything else. Please if there is anything that can be done for me or any resources that can help me would be greatly appreciated. I am at a loss and I am unsure as to what to do. I have pawned all I had of value just to buy groceries and put gas in my car.
Thank you in advance for your help.
ohnathan

Post by ohnathan »

I'm a father of two kids, but for the last 4 months, I haven't work because of a car accident. I live with my girlfriend also but life is hard in this times when you don't have money to provide a place or food for your kids. My only question is that if I could get the help I need even though my apartment in Denver is under my girlfriend's mother name which she don’t live here at the moment. Please contact me as soon as possible any of you get this. I can show you my little place if you would like to confirm my word....thanks and have a blessing day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if the apartment is in your girlfriends name, she may need to apply for assistance. You need to ask Department of Social services how their programs work. But the good news is there are many charities and financial aid programs to try. There are in fact dozens of places to go to, and find financial help in Denver for your emergency needs.
TimPfeifer

Post by TimPfeifer »

Hi, my husband was injured this past Thursday and his company has decided to not do anything and since a lawsuit will take years we are in very big trouble. We relied on his checks for everything since I don't make anything but spending money. I don't know what to do or where to turn.
We pay $1700 a month in rent alone.
We have bills, 2 children I don't receive any child support for and no idea what to do or what's available for help. I have been applying for jobs everywhere and dropped out of nursing school so I can work 3-4 jobs but we're going to get evicted and have our utilities shut off with no money to pay anything. I'm panicking at this point and really need help or some leads. We are located in Fort Collins Colorado. Thank you.
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

Hello. I'm in Pueblo, CO. I am asking on behalf of a family I am trying to help. I have a single dad who had 4 children and is unable to work due to an injury. He has used all of his resources and is at a loss of what to do. If you could help us in any way that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
tara jones

Post by tara jones »

Hello, I'm a 30 year old black woman living in Boulder, CO. I am unemployed (I've been looking/applying everyday) and this month I have found myself unable to pay rent or my electric bill. I'm as confused as to who to contact to start trying to get help with rent and utilities this month. Can you let me know of some agencies/programs that can possibly help me within the next week or two? Thanks.
JeffreyAls

Post by JeffreyAls »

Hi, I am from Aurora, Colorado. I was wondering how I get help to pay my electric bill and my rent and telephone bill. My fiancée got into a real bad car accident back in April of this year and I've been taking care of bills on my own. But now it has gotten to where I can't keep a hold of it. So, I'm seeking help. I have already open one pay day loan. And that makes me feel defeated. So, whatever you can help me with or tell me where to go for help. I really truly appreciate it. Thank you.
IsabellaTaylor

Post by IsabellaTaylor »

Good Evening,
I am inquiring for information to assist a resident of Colorado. They live in the Eagle Co area (not sure which county) and are in a very difficult place financially which is adding to extreme emotional distress. I would like to find out what resources would be available to them to help them get back on their feet and stabilize there situation. They could benefit from some financial assistance, they need housing in Colorado, also greatly benefit from financial and emotional counseling. It’s a difficult and delicate situation and I would just like to help them access benefits to ease this difficult time. Please let me know how and where to help them start!
Thank you!!