South Carolina resources and programs for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Bruno
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

South Carolina resources and programs for bills

Post by Bruno »

I am a homeless felon living in the Greenville County SC area. I was wondering if there are any State or local agencies that may help me find a place to live. I have stayed at the local shelters but am only able to stay a night or two. I am trying desperately to find a job, but when they do a background search I never get the job. I know I have done wrong but I went to prison to pay for my mistakes. I need help, can you help or refer me to someone who may be able to. Thanking you in advance for time in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: South Carolina resources and programs for bills

Post by Admin »

Programs for ex prisoners and felon are hard to find. You may want to try charities such as Goodwill or St. Vincent. They do operate in South Carolina. In general, a faith based charity such as those may be your best bet. They may offer housing, shelter, and goodwill may have some job training programs for you. But honestly, it will be hard to find a job. The market is still tough and employers have many people to choose from. But we do have information on resources in the region. More can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

I’m disabled with 2 kids, one which is ADHD. I just got out of an abusive marriage and the same law firm and domestic shelter that says don't live like that, well where are they now to help me. I took my kids and left and the law doesn't make him pay to help him cancel our insurance and he stopped paying for my car when he has 2 others. He also has 2 motorcycles and our home that was purchased after marriage but the judge here seems to think I’m not entitled to anything.
I worked all my life until I met this man. He abused me and verbally abused my girls and I contributed to that household and now they don't think I deserve anything. Then the domestic violence shelter says we don't have resources to help with your needs or even a lawyer to help.
My church found me a attorney who was kind enough to help me but every time we go to court the judge just lets my husband get away with anything. Nothing has been fair. No one can understand it. I have all these bills and I’m on a disability check of only $849 a month. I have no insurance, no money to pay my bills. Its not fair.
If I stayed in the home in Charleston South Carolina with the person who hurt us I would only have to worry about us being treated badly. Or I can show them that is not how women are to be treated and leave to help better our living but then we end up out on our own with no money and no one to help us? Where is the fairness in that. Where’s the justice for me and my girls that tells them people care they do the right thing? This is why women don't leave and why they end up dead because the law doesn't do their job and neither does these shelters who yes offer you classes and a roof for the night. But people need more than that. All the money they take in from people donating it looks like some of that would be set aside for people who come to them and need help with finances.
Brice1

Post by Brice1 »

Hi, I live in Columbia SC. I am seeking assistance in help with paying rent and or bills. If I am not able to get assistance can you send me some resources that can help. Currently I am being evicted, I will have to vacate my apartment by March 1, 2016.
I am new to South Carolina; been here about a year. I have nowhere to go and if I get evicted I will be living out of my vehicle. Any help will be much appreciated.
A little about myself..... I am a recently divorced single father now, I did have to send my daughter to her mom because of the situation I am in. I don't know when I will be able to see her again. I will have to wait until I am out of this situation.
YouSay

Post by YouSay »

I need help paying my electric bill this month, my rent, food and gas assistance. I have been a homemaker for the past 2 years and just left my past home in Lexington and moved to Columbia SC. I just started 2 new jobs and have not received first pay checks yet to help me pay my rent and electric on time. Mean well I have no means or way to continue to fund gas in my car.
My family all lives in Florida and KY, and have helped as much as they can up to date. I love both of my jobs and they are both very close to home but I am fearful of losing either one of my 2 jobs because of no gas or no transportation to work. And I am very quickly running out of the food my mother provided for me when she came here to get me set up with my apartment and such.
In July 2015 and she has helped with my rent and bills and funds until this point. She is also low income and unfortunately does not have the means to help me anymore until I get caught up and receive my first 2 checks from both of my jobs...what should I do or who should I contact for help? Hope to hear from someone soon, in desperate need. Thank you for your time and thank you in advance for helping me at this time of need.
Mr_Smith

Post by Mr_Smith »

My wife and I are currently unemployed and our electric bill is well overdue for a least $840, and since there is not enough income coming in to pay the rfent and electric. I was searching for immediate assistance that could help my family keep the lights on. It is very hot here in throughout the State of SC and we have our 8 month old grand-daughter living with us now and we need help very soon before the 2nd of August to help with keeping the lights on and until I find and steady job to assist us in taking care of our bills. Times are very hard and no one doesn't plan not to pay their bills. We're just going through some rough times as everyone is in this country and really can use some help assistance that can point us in the right direction please!
Rudys

Post by Rudys »

We moved from Ohio to Hanahan SC in August 2017. We have been really struggling financially since the move and now our March rent is due Friday 9/5/2018.
Evictions start on the following Monday. My electric is also up for disconnect as well as is my internet/cable package that attributes to our job hunting.
Back home I received an Ohio food card. Since I canceled it we are buying food that is putting a Hugh strain on our other bills. I am working but at this time only getting 10 hours A week. I only make &110.00/week.
I also have custody if my grandson.
My son also works 40 hour a week but has over $400+/month car payment, his auto insurance, he has to pay for his health insurance weekly down here which he didn't have to do in Ohio. He only make $445/wk.
In January my driver side window started smoking in the panel melting all the electrical in that door. Now my driver-er side window is down all the time. I can't get it up and can't afford to fix it.
We as so surprised how costly the cost of living is here. We want to be successful here but it’s been hard transitioning.
Are able to help with our rent and bills and maybe means to fix my window?
My contact information is: