New York resources and assistance for bills

State and local government assistance programs.
JMartin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

New York resources and assistance for bills

Post by JMartin »

Good morning, I am seeking for financial assistance to get into a studio or 1 bedroom apartment for me and my 8 year old son in Manhattan New York City. I have sought all kind of resources and nothing. I work but I am not able to put all that money up front for an apartment. Please let me if you can help or have anyone I can be referred to. Please call or email as soon as possible. I found a studio but they do accept the one shot deal. They want payment in cash.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: New York resources and assistance for bills

Post by Admin »

Did you look into resources that are offer statewide too? So just don't limit yourself to programs in Manhattan. There are countless housing, deposit, and moving programs and resources for people all across NEw York. So try them. Click details.
Conners

Post by Conners »

Dear Sir or Madam:
I reside in NY and am the older sister of an Syracuse resident. She will be 62 in March, and owns a home. She has no income other than what I and my father send her, and shortly, she will receive $7268 or thereabouts as her annual state pension [from NY.] I am very concerned about her-she is arthritic, overweight and sedentary. What assistance programs is she eligible for? Can she apply for food stamps? She is prescribed medication for Depression. I would appreciate help that provides specific information, rather than a referral to a website. If I can provide her with guidelines, requirements, etc, I can help her apply as I will be in Syracuse for a week in January.
I very much appreciate your help. She has sought employment, but with only a high school diploma and being unable to stand for extended periods, she has not been able to find work.
Respectfully,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have referrals to charities and programs in Syracuse New York. You will need to call them to see if you qualify or if they have funds for your sister. Will that help? Anyway, there are also job training and employment resources for seniors too, so maybe she can look into those. Find more information on the Onondaga County programs, including for seniors. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... e_pro.html
Harvin

Post by Harvin »

I am a single mother a full time student also working 30 hours a week in Albany New York. I'm currently doing my clinical hours for school which has interfered with my normal job and ability to make money. My rent is due on the 5th of the month and my water is currently cut off because of a 170$ bill I couldn't afford. I've run outta options and don't know where else to turn, any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks for your time.
Rella

Post by Rella »

Good evening, I am writing this message to hopefully reach someone who cares. I am a single mother 26, worked for the State of New York, and was recently a laid off right before Christmas which left me not to be able to provide my son with any gifts. It also left me behind in bills, struggling to by food and now in the middle end of February I am being evicted. Please help me if you can or know anyone who can help me find a new apartment so I don't lose my son.
Jessica Speach

Post by Jessica Speach »

Good Morning, I am emailing you for assistance on my utilities and housing in upstate New York. I don't understand how this work is there any way you could help me out with information on the process and requirements to receive assistance with this stuff. Thank you for your time.