Our food stamps were cut back and now we need help

State and local government assistance programs.
Paula Johnston
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Our food stamps were cut back and now we need help

Post by Paula Johnston »

My Husband and I are both disabled and on SSI. We also receive 74.00 in food stamps are income is 1350.00 a month and we try to pay all of our Bills but we are struggling to buy Groceries and falling behind on our Electric bill. Like many people, the government cut our vouchers for food stamps. So how can we eat on that few dollars? Please if there is any info you could send to me I would Greatly Appreciate it. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Our food stamps were cut back and now we need help

Post by Admin »

Yes, there was a reduction in the food stamp benefits being paid out. But even with that being the case, there are literally dozens of other food assistance programs, pantries, and other places to turn to for support. So families, no matter what state you live in, have a number of other options available to them. Usually the disabled get priority as well. Continue reading and get more details on food programs from the government.
Handy1

Post by Handy1 »

I am currently pay rent, food and daycare. I filed for divorce in November and I'm waiting for a court date. I got a orange eviction notice but I called my rental company and I'm making a payment but its going to take 90% of my check. And I only get 45 dollars in food stamps because they go by my gross pay instead of my net and the federal agency reduced the amount too. It's really tight right now and I have four kids. If there is any advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since you already get food stamps, that won't work. You may need to look into some of the discount services that are out there. Non-profits basically offer cheap boxes of food, perishables and more. People can save 50-70% on their costs. There are a few different organizations. Read more.
Orman

Post by Orman »

To whom it may concern, I need financial assistance to pay my rent and feeding my children. I have no food and I’m behind on my bills, I’m on my way to being homeless. I have no help in any kind of way as our SNAP food stamps were stopped, I pray a lot for help I’m so behind on a lot of bills. Please if there's anything you can do to help me I would be so appreciated, I have no one to turn to. I have no parents I’m all alone with my kids, so feel free to contact me by email.
Nurtaslim

Post by Nurtaslim »

Dear Representative,
I'm writing because I need immediate assistance with paying bills. I'm currently under appeal for food stamp benefits as they were cut back. Unfortunately, I was denied due to requalification 4x4. I am unable to return to work due to having a single family home with three children that are currently attending school online due to covid and I also have an underlying illness as well, a recent cancer patient. I have attached all documentation that I have to support my claim as well as bills that are past due. This is the first month that I have been stressed not knowing how I am going to continue to maintain a safe home for my children and myself or give them food with my food stamps reduced.
Also my phone will be disconnected, however I can be reached via this email address
Maryannbernaz

Post by Maryannbernaz »

Wife was let go at her job for being in the hospital multiple times due to illness and I am struggling to support our family of 5. I was denied food stamps increase after they were cut back due to making $280 more than allowed but my bills are more than we make with food costs so high. Our rent is $1100 a month for our rent house. And with all other bills we are late on everything. Any assistance we could get would be a blessing since we are out of food stamps after the reductions.
Our kids shouldn't have to suffer for our bad misfortune and our lack of food and government cut backs. Christmas may not happen this year. With 6 kids 3 living with us it is stressful to wonder if we will still have a roof over our heads at Christmas yet alone have a Christmas for the kids. Doctor bill are piling up and have doctor appointments weekly to get my wife healthy and back to work. Thank you and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Since coming from the hospital it seems you have limited mobility, look into a drive thru food pantry. There are locations in most cities, towns and communities. They can help you even if you relied on SNAP in the past. Look here for drive thru free food bank near you.
Maryannbernaz wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:19 am Wife was let go at her job for being in the hospital multiple times due to illness and I am struggling to support our family of 5. I was denied food stamps increase after they were cut back due to making $280 more than allowed but my bills are more than we make with food costs so high.