Have a special needs son

State and local government assistance programs.
Bruno
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Have a special needs son

Post by Bruno »

This website is a bright star in my darkest hours. I am the provider for my family of 5. We are forced to have a single income household because my wife stays home to care for our special needs son. I recently have been put on short term disability with my job due to an injury. And now we are facing financial hardship. If there is any programs, organizations out there that can help, it would be a blessing.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Have a special needs son

Post by Admin »

We have numerous resources listed for the disabled, including for children, sons, and entire families. So call some of the organizations and see if they can help you or your family members. You may be prioritized as well since you are a single income home, and get details on the site. Read more resources for disabled.
AndyNorth

Post by AndyNorth »

Hello, I am currently a single mother of two children, one hat is epical needs. Recently I have been having an extremely tough time getting a head of bills. I do work and have been employed with social security Administration for five years. Working for the government has disqualified me from almost all public assistance, despite the fact the I don’t make more than 50,0000 per year and have no help from any family or friends with my children.
I have tried all avenues and have no solution. My apartment has been bought out, so all tenants must move. I am behind on my utilities and have been force to choose between feeding my kids and paying rent. With the tight budget, I have no money to move and am really in need of emergency help. I am not looking for ongoing help just emergency funds to get me out of this tight spot. Please help me if possible.
Suze

Post by Suze »

I have been out of work now for over 6 months, each month is getting harder and harder. I haven't even begun to think about the Holidays for my disabled son, being so worried about keeping my place. I received an eviction notice last month and had to sale a lot of our belongings to keep our place. We have nothing more to sale. This month has proved to be very difficult and we are again facing eviction...I am at a loss. I have looked everywhere for lucrative work, for anything. I would be willing to work for anything. We need help! We have nowhere to go. I'll do anything!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A big problem is you said you are looking for lucrative work. You need a job, period. There are plenty in San Antonio and Bexar County Texas. They may offer everything from money for rent to stop the eviction to food for your disabled son and more. Anyway, try these programs for financial help and more. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rogra.html
RonnieSmith

Post by RonnieSmith »

I'm in so much turmoil right now my electricity is due for disconnection on the 25 of this month. I don't have anything to cook for Thanksgiving for my kids and in no even able to get Xmas gifts for my kids.
My 6 years old daughter loves monster high and frozen toys. She keeps saying she wants this and that but she just don't know that I can't bring myself to say she may not get anything. My special needs son needs some clothes.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Based on those different needs, maybe try a free clothes closet. There are some at churches, the Salvation Army, and many other places. Maybe they can also get you food or your daughter toys.
RonnieSmith wrote:I don't have anything to cook for Thanksgiving for my kids and in no even able to get Xmas gifts for my kids.
My 6 years old daughter loves monster high and frozen toys. She keeps saying she wants this and that but she just don't know that I can't bring myself to say she may not get anything. My special needs son needs some clothes.
I am dreaming

Post by I am dreaming »

I'm single mother of special needs child, I also am disabled physically and mentally: Since a house fire 5 years ago. We have lived with friend’s family a 5th Weller trailer. Roof fell in so now we are living in a make shift home in a 20x20 barn. We are thankful we survived. I receive 733 a month for my son. I'm in process of my disability case. I can't save enough or find a place for me and my son. His father is in the home, he is aggressive and at times abusive. I can't get away. We me and colorway just want a safe clean place and find happiness. God bless.