I can't even afford food and other basic needs

State and local government assistance programs.
missionredder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I can't even afford food and other basic needs

Post by missionredder »

I am a single woman living in Columbia, SC. I am on disabled social security, my income is $1,000 a month, my rent is 655.00 a month, my phone bill is $70.00 a month, my electric bill is 90.00 a month, my TV bill is 65.00 a month. I don't know how I can afford this. I don't have enough money for food or gas to get to the store. I would love to have a job, but my disability is my memory, I am deaf on one side & hernia disc in my back. I am desperately seeking help. Is there anything you can assist me with or show me how to get grants. I would grisly appreciate your help.
Gronker

Re: I can't even afford food and other basic needs

Post by Gronker »

Hello I’m a 29 year old female who was recently fired from my job early last month. I don't have unemployment and I don't have debt. I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent next month and I barely have any food. I’m barely surviving on 3 crackers and water through out the day. I’m stressing out and starting to feel depressed. I don't know what to do. I’m terrified of being homeless on the streets in Oregon. I need any kind of help right now. I’ve never been in this situation before. Jobs aren't calling back and I don't qualify for benefits. Please help I don't know what do......
SteveKerr

Post by SteveKerr »

Hi! I was just wondering if you knew of any places that might be able to help. A friend of mine lost her dad and he didn't have insurance. So they are asking for donations or anything that can be contributed to help them right now. I really want to help, but I don't really know where to go or who to talk to. She doesn't either, so I'm trying to help take some stress off of her. I don't know if there are such programs or anything like that out there, but any information would be greatly appreciated on who to contact or where I should go. I am in Mt. Pleasant, MI, Isabella County. Thanks!
WolfB

Post by WolfB »

We have been struggling with all of our family expenses, most importantly gas for vehicle to & from work and monthly rent and still falling drastically short in to provide. Borrowing money from family is not an option we have anymore. With rent closely approaching our stress level is high especially with one adult laid off and two small children.

We get only food assistance but. still its not enough. WE NEED HELP.....PLEASE. We don't know what else to do. We also used up all our extensions to pay for utilities and services are due real soon and late fees are adding up, our services will be shut off if not paid in full.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, most of the food pantries in Michigan will pass out donations to the less fortunate, especially if someone has passed away. So they will often have food as well as other items like clothing, holiday assistance, and more. That is also really great for you to look out for your friend too in these difficult times. Find a listing of Michigan food pantries.
Beard

Post by Beard »

For the past year and a half I've been a stay at home mom of 3 children ages 6 months, 2 year old, and 5 year old while my husband was the bread winner. As of August 31st 2015 I am a victim of Domestic Violence. My husband is currently in prison and now I'm forced to go back into the work field.
I have not yet found employment and I've spend all savings for October rent. November rent is due November 1st and I don't have the funds. I also need food, clothing, and money for other needs. My rent is $925. I am still looking for work but I don't want my children and I to be homeless. I would appreciate any help thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

for anyone that can't afford basic needs (clothes, food, medications, etc.) there is a listing on the site of how to get stuff for free. We have many charities and government programs noted.
Each is different...gives different items, has a certain application process, etc. But you can try them.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

My family and I are in need of food badly, milk, fresh veggies, fresh fruit. We also need Clothing for my 2 children, and myself. Personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, dish soap, bleach ext. I came across health issues and been unable to work at moment. My husband is trying but only able pay bills. We are both in a lot debt and could really use some help. Please help.
Speculative

Post by Speculative »

My Grandparents are on a fixed income and are in need of food assistance, they were denied for SNAP program, so I am trying to find ways to help them out. This is there granddaughter, if you can please email me back ASAP that would be fantastic.
Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need baby milk, fruits, veggies, etc. then try a food bank near you for perishables. They offer free stuff, including basic supplies for you and family. If you have 2 kids then you are even more likely to get help too from one of the centers, maybe even those household cleaning supplies.
JJJudy wrote:My family and I are in need of food badly, milk, fresh veggies, fresh fruit. We also need Clothing for my 2 children, and myself. Personal hygiene products, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, dish soap, bleach ext.