Disabled mother is falling behind on rent and bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Manning
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Disabled mother is falling behind on rent and bills

Post by Manning »

To whom it may concern,
I am a single mother two, I’m not sure if this will be a computer automated response or not, but here it goes anyway. Like I said I am a single mom of two living in Maine. I have exhausted my 60 month limit with the TANF here in Maine. I am in the process of trying to get disability but that is a long process and meanwhile I still have bills stacking up. My income is only 564 a month, plus food stamps. My rent is 500 a month. I need help in a desperate way. My landlords have been generous this past month it has taken two months to catch up and I’m still 50 dollars short. I have health issues that prevent me from doing work, I will work from home or do whatever I have too to get some assistance. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Mussoline

Re: Disabled mother is falling behind on rent and bills

Post by Mussoline »

My water is cut off. I just need $90 for it to be on. My electric bill is $518.00. Me and my wife just had a baby 7 weeks early and she is fighting for her life and only 3 pounds and siabled. We just lost our vehicle. We have never been this deep of a hole and we are firm believers in god we pray.
We need help, and please help my family. I also have a 9 year old daughter. She is great, smart, and keeps good grades in school. I'm begging for help.
Please if there is something you can do I'll do anything to pay it back or whatever I have to do. We are so pressed for time. Please. My family is so far down. Once I lost transportation we began to lose everything and now we have a baby struggling and we just pray we can get this caught up and get her safely home. Thank you and God Bless.
Lifestyle

Post by Lifestyle »

I’m sick, currently staying where ever I can. A month ago I was in hospital and rushed in to emergency surgery almost died from sepsis. I still have blood poisoning, I have many illnesses and a rare disease for which there is no cure. I need a nurse to take care of me but being homeless doesn’t allow for that help. I'm afraid if I don’t find a permanent home I will be in trouble.
I reapplied for disability in April 2013. No answer on that yet. I do get food stamps and Medicaid ( I'm thankful to god). I have no car and no family to help. I'm down and desperate. If you know of any place I can get help even a old car I could sleep in? I am so grateful to you for your time and god bless you.
Partenner

Post by Partenner »

I am a disabled single mother of one daughter on SSI and SSD. As my rent is $925 and disability income is $740 per month. I have been on a rental assistance program with Social Services who have been extending the assistance every 6 months. The last one was to be covered until end of August but when I went for the renewal process this Monday I was given a letter stating that funds for the program I was on had been cut as from July 2nd and there will be no more assistance. They advised that I do not qualify for any other program they have remaining and to start calling charities. I am stunned and horrified that we won't be able to pay the rent and don't know where to look for help. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. I have CFS/ME and the whole situation is extremely exhausting for me and distressing for my daughter. Thank you so much in advance. Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are disability programs in Michigan. But with that low of an income, it will be difficult to pay the rent and other bills. As the rent and other costs you have are too much. May need to re-asses everything to find some other financial aid programs. Find details here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... it_pr.html
Partenner wrote:I am a disabled single mother of one daughter on SSI and SSD. As my rent is $925 and disability income is $740 per month.