Recently divorced

State and local government assistance programs.
Heremeroad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Recently divorced

Post by Heremeroad »

I separated from my alcoholic, abusive husband of 12years in November. I had to quit working about 5 years ago because I was going blind and had to have corneal transplants in both eyes. My disease is destroying my new corneas and I have had a few eye surgeries and I am past due for my next one. My husband canceled my son's and my health insurance in November, so I had to cancel my eye appointment in January. My 12 year old son has Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy and Asthma and I am struggling to pay his medical bills. I just had surgery for a hernia in my stomach and my mother let me borrow the money to pay the surgery bills. I only receive $315 in child support each month, as he is not working and collects unemployment. I now have ownership of our home since mediation, but have to sell it because I have to pay him $15,000 by September per the settlement agreement. I have to take over the mortgage payments next month. My power bill is over $1,000 because we had to use gas heaters to heat our home because the HVAC went out last summer. I have met with a realtor who is going to help me sell the house. After it sells, I should have a little left over to help us get on our feet, but until then, I need some assistance. Since my daughter was born, I have only done volunteer work for the school, church and a local non-profit organization, but I have completed my resume and I am seeking employment. Please advise me on where I can find some help in Arizona. My electric/utility is scheduled to be turned off 9/28. I have $30 in my bank account. I have applied for SNAP and they told me I am expedited, but I haven't received any information yet.
TracieT

Re: Recently divorced

Post by TracieT »

I'M A SINGLE MOM WHO WAS WORKING 2 JOBS AND AM DIVORCED. IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS MY SECOND EMPLOYER HAS GOTTEN SLOW AND HASN'T NEEDED ME TO WORK. I WAS DEPENDENT ON THAT EXTRA INCOME. NOW I HAVE FALLEN BEHIND ON MY RENT AND UTILITIES. I AM LOOKING FOR ANY WAY POSSIBLE TO GET SOME HELP THIS MONTH. MY RENT IS ALREADY BEHIND BY ALMOST 3 WEEKS NOW ALSO I HAVE A DISCONNECTION NOTICE FROM THE ELECTRIC COMPANY. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE THAT CAN HELP IN THE ARNOLD, MISSOURI AREA I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE OR CONTACT INFORMATION YOU CAN GIVE ME. THANK YOU.
FixMac

Post by FixMac »

Directly to the point. I am a 26 year old female. I got shot and divorced by an ex in
December 2014 and its been hell since. I lost my saving for medication and
I almost lost my mind because I would never thing anybody would shoot me. I
am a hard worker but I am a little disabled now, the bullet broke my writing
hand and strong foot.
I fled away from Kansas City and moved to San Francisco with broken bones and $50 to my name. I sell Avon and make crafts
to pay rent but I'm barely making it and I am just dog tired. I have no
family or loved ones. I just need a little help.
I am only 26 and I wasn't
born with money so starting without support is almost impossible. Please
help me don't let the value of money be more than the value of life. I
would pay anyone back as soon as I get on my feet.
Thank You
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

My ex-husband has stopped paying child support. This has caused us to get behind on our electric bill. The current bill is up to 956.00. I can pay all of it, but need help with gas and groceries if I do. We're not asking for much. Gasoline comes to 35 a week to get me to work and back. Groceries we can manage on little. Any help or ideas are very welcome!
Ranndyred

Post by Ranndyred »

Need light bill and rent assistance. I am Divorced. Lost job, unemployment exhausted, and working part time sporadically doing private duty home care. Just joined an agency but work is temporary. No car, in SC you need a car to survive. I've been borrowing and getting handouts so far. But now lights are about to get turned off on the 29th and the rent is due on the 5th.
I can’t even live in my car because I don't have one. Lost and have nowhere to go don't know what to do. I am at End of my rope. Can use any help I can get. Have many qualifications and experience but due to economy and no car it is hard. No parents, grandparents or immediate family to help. Have exhausted all friends and extended family. Help please!