Mostly behind on bills and mortgage due to medical issues

State and local government assistance programs.
Beneidt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Mostly behind on bills and mortgage due to medical issues

Post by Beneidt »

I do not know if we qualify to get any kind of help. I have tried going through Penquis CAP in Illinois for heating assistance, etc and we were turned down. They said my husband made to much money last year and I also get a disability.

We are now in even more trouble financially. We have been fighting Bank of America for awhile about our mortgage. So we ended up getting help from the Emergency home owners loan program in Illinois. (EHLP)

Then after a screw up months ago, finally paid some money to B Of A to avoid foreclosure. But B of A wants us to do a loan modification which will not reduce our payment. And they also increased it on us. And EHLP wants us to make a high payment to them as well. We have a high light bill now because our daughter and her three children, ages 12, 7 and 3, had to move in with us. Her husband, not boys father, was doing drugs and they lost their rent. Then we found out he was doing things to the boys. She goes to school twice a week but is trying to find a job. She lost her TANF but gets a little help with food stamps but that is suppose to go for her and the boys. Our bill with CMP is now probably over $700 because we cant make the payments. I send them $50 as we can. They are threatening to shut us off. And I have a condition that I have to use a neutralizer sometimes. And I have other medical problems that keep cropping up. I can imagine stress is doing a lot of it now.

My husband had strokes 4 years ago so he was limited to working 40 hours a week and had to take a job that really didn't pay enough to help with all the bills. Just this past mothers day weekend he got laid off from that job but found another one that has him living out of town now. He will come home on weekends. Pay is better but I really don’t see being able to pay much on bills when he has to travel back and forth. Our kids and grand kids all live in this area. Hermon Maine. I really don’t want to move and my husband agrees he doesn't want to leave our family like that. All winter we had to buy $40 worth of oil a week just to have heat. We couldn't get assistance. This past week we have gone without any oil. My husband had to have money to go to where he just started working. And we had an unexpected expense of needed glass's for both of us and had to pay up front for them. Food has been limited this week as well.

I just don’t understand why we can not get any help from anyone. We have worked hard all our lives and we are probably going to loose everything we have. I have even been asked by some of these programs. Why cant you ask family for help? We will not ask family for any help or even ask our kids. When we know even they are having some difficulties. And how can these places even ask people to do that? I had tried to even go back to work through the ticket to work program but at the time. I also had a mild heart attack, found out I had 30% blockage in my heart, and at the same time found out I had to have a hysterectomy. Then developed breast's cyst's from being on estrogen. All the while my whole back is out of place. And now I have nerve’s pinching in my neck that is causing numbness in both arms and hands. So now my husband will be getting upset over that because I told him I would try to get a job. Things got so stressful for him it caused big problems with us.

So...If there is anyway we can get help I hope you can tell me. Because I don’t know where else to look.

Thank you for taking time to read this.
Passion

Re: Mostly behind on bills and mortgage due to medical issue

Post by Passion »

My mother needs full assistance, she could use medical assistance, mortgage help as well and for utilities in the house hold. I cannot afford to take care of the both of us. I am looking for only assistance for my mother as I can figure things out for myself somehow.
My mother and Step Father are separated, my mother does not have a dollar to her name at all. She has a torn rotate cuff as well so she is not able to work and does not have transportation at all. We have been sent multiple shut off notices, not able to have her surgery and a lack of food in the house for her and her dog (King). Things have been like this for about a year now, my grandfather and I have tried to band together to help my mother but we can only do so much for her and ourselves when we are put into a hard situation.
My grandfather has recently had Knee Surgery, so he has his own medical issues. He will have the other in January so he is not able to work nor help her seeing his needs as well. I am not able to help much I do not make enough to support us all, well a complete household. This is very hard to tell her with these medical needs already and very hard to handle. Anything can help. God Bless.
Mrs. Cook

Re: Mostly behind on bills and mortgage due to medical issues

Post by Mrs. Cook »

Hi, I am in desperate need of any assistance that you may offer me. I am on social security disability with limited income. I have been fighting with Bank of America to save my house. My loan was lost by them and have been extremely confused by all the paperwork that they have been sending. I have filled out the same paperwork over and over that they send and it still does not seem to be what they want.
I am at the point of losing my home and do not know how to save it. The phone calls just kept coming and I now longer know what to say to them. Between battling my disease and consequent health issues, I do not have the necessary skills and knowledge to kept fighting. One lawyer advised me to fill bankrupt even though my I have more then approximately 1000.00 in debt (mostly medical bills). I have been trying for almost 3 years to work with them and nothing seems to be happening.
Also my roof was damaged in the storm and with not meeting the deductible, I received no assistance from my insurance company. Now my policy is being canceled, because I have a tarp on my roof to protect the house, because I have no resources to fix the roof.
If you are able to assistance me in anyway, please contact me. I live in Brick NJ which is in Ocean County.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mostly behind on bills and mortgage due to medical issues

Post by Admin »

If Bank of america lost the loan paperwork, that is not your fault. In fact it may even help in your quest for assistance, as they need to find the forms and prove the issue. Also, $1000 in debt is not much...seems like such as little amount to file for bankruptcy. Lastly, if the roof was damaged, why did not insurance cover it...seems like you got a lot going on here. But try these Bank of America assistance programs to help with your mortgage, then go from there.