Financial help for the blind

State and local government assistance programs.
Gekko 23
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Financial help for the blind

Post by Gekko 23 »

I am Blind. Applied for housing. I would like to stay at current house. SSI is $1259. Rent us $900.00. Help with energy bills needed too. Need help with paying rent as a priority. Eat rice and beans to keep roof over my head and my service dog. Landlord gave a break in rent already, do to my disability. Still struggle. Life is getting in the of living. I can't keep up. Disease is degenerative. Very depressed. Get all medical help at John Hopkins. Wilmer and Meyer for mental health and depression. Used to have full time job and was an excellent student. More vision loss and unable to work. At this time. I don't know what I will do?I am using my mothers iPad and email, in order to get help, and she can read the email to me!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Financial help for the blind

Post by Admin »

Many states offer benefits and assistance for the blind and other disabilities. There are also some federal government programs too. However they will limit the amount of financial aid paid out so it may not be enough to cover those expenses you indicate. But you can try. There are also vocational training programs for the disabled too so maybe you can get some type of part time employment to help and the extra money when combined with your SSI may make a difference. Continue with disabled and blind financial aid.
Pullo

Post by Pullo »

I am blind and disabled. I am in need of some assistance for paying my bills in July 2014. Rent (500) and utilities (250). My hours at work were cut drastically to only 12 hours a week and I have been barely squeezing by, but this month I will definitely not be able to make the money in time. Any assistance I can receive for this month in Michigan would be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Michigan has a generous cash payment program for the disabled in the state. They will provide funds for several different bills ranging from water to medications and more. If you are legally blind then you will qualify, and find the disability resources in Michigan. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... it_pr.html
Chicken

Post by Chicken »

I have a friend that recently became totally blind. He needs help financially. He feels helpless, hopeless, and useless. He will lose his house and lively hood without some help. Please give me some answers or solution so a blind man can find some kind of security and purpose for living before he gives up! His address is Waxahatchie Texas.
FirstKiss

Post by FirstKiss »

I have a blind disabled sister whose only income is Disability. She lives with her husband (who is her caretaker) and her son. They are behind in their Power bill and I can't seem to find a way to help them to keep them from getting their only source on energy on.
Electricity is for both cooling and heating. We have reached out for services just to help pay the minimum to keep power on but we have nowhere to go to get help for the blind. Food, we are working on it. Are there any resources out there that can help the most vulnerable: the disabled and their families?
JeanPaul

Post by JeanPaul »

I'm legally blind and in two days I'll be homeless do to the fact my rent is too high. My rent was $1400 now is $1800. This is a three bedrooms apartment and the reason the rent have not been paid because there is carbon monoxide poisoning building up in the furnace. I need some help financially to pay for this home.
I couldn't use the heat or the stove anytime and the gas company told me to inform the landlord. I have done it many times and his reply was I know already he haven't done anything about it and did not even try to send anyone over to fix the problem. I have told him there is a disabled child here that live with me and yet still says he knows.
I was a tenant in New Haven, CT 06511. I always thought if you are a tenant anywhere and you have a problem with the apartment you inform the landlord to help you but you’re not receive any help from the landlord so you have to use the money for rent to fix the problem. If you can't help me or the blind it's alright. I just have faith in God to help me to be strong. If you do help me thank you and may God bless you and if not may God bless you.
Shades

Post by Shades »

I am dating a girl and I noticed that she is a single mother and was doing everything on her own. She has been trying to work and make money to come out of the debt that she is in and she has been going down further.
Her son is blind and she gets SSI for him that’s $430. She also gets housing assistance paying rent @ $199 a month, but in September that all will change. Her rent is going go up to $540 a month because they say she makes $1300 a month and that isn't true. She can barely get by.
Half the time she doesn't even eat. She doesn't do drugs or smoke or anything. She wakes up every morning and bust her butt to work and yet she can't get ahead. Is there anything anyone can do, its not like she don't want to pay or can't but it's just too high right now for her. Please she needs a hand, there is no one there to help and she’s a sweet woman and a damn good mother. To call her contact her. Thank You for your time and anything you can do or assist her in she and I would be grateful.
Baby

Post by Baby »

I am twenty right years of age. I have three children ages nine, five and six months old. I am legally blind and my vision is getting to a bad punt in which I require people to drive me and my children everywhere and it it's a problem that is getting harder and harder to find reliable transportation anywhere and due to my current housing situation living so far put off town it it's a problem.
I need to somehow figure out I live in fixed income and need to find an affordable place that it's in town ideally close to my kids school. Stores, doctors etc. Please let me know if there it's any help for me. I am unknown sure of where of how to find a solution to this progressing problem.
Rae Lil Black

Post by Rae Lil Black »

Hello,
I am inquiring about the requirements to get financial assistance from your program. My name is Surana and I have a daughter that is blind. We’re currently crammed in a friend’s home. I have been trying to find housing, which I was able to do so but the deposit in order to proceed are the issue. I am trying to find the right financial help. If you have any information or if you can point me in the right direction that would be great.