Help with food and paying rent in Nevada

State and local government assistance programs.
lilmama4times
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with food and paying rent in Nevada

Post by lilmama4times »

I am a single mother and received a 5 day pay or quit notice which now expired. My job has been cutting my hours due to slow business. I am having a hard time to get help for just this month with rent and food. I live in Nevada, I have tried quite a few places but there are no funds please help. Thank you Rosie
Body

Re: Help with food and paying rent in Nevada

Post by Body »

I have been eating peanut and butter and jelly sandwiches for a month. I am not employed but got a grant from Nevada to take a property manager course at HCC. I am getting calls for interviews and have some hope but nothing to eat and I am fixing to run out of bread and raemn noodles which my doctor said were loaded with salt and would not help my condition. I could also use a loan for gas for interviews and money to rent my own place. My parents have helped me but say they just can't any more because it is cutting in to retirement and they are 72 and 74. I really need these things and I cant find any help for my zip code until Saturday. Is there any where I can go today. Please help me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Can't you work at least part time. As your parents should not need to support a grown adult, and they are right even more so if they are retiring. As far as your food, look into Nevada food banks, as they can give you much more than just peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Not sure if this is a serious message or not...
Body wrote:I have been eating peanut and butter and jelly sandwiches for a month. I am not employed but got a grant from Nevada to take a property manager course at HCC. I am getting calls for interviews and have some hope but nothing to eat and I am fixing to run out of bread and raemn noodles which my doctor said were loaded with salt and would not help my condition. I could also use a loan for gas for interviews and money to rent my own place. My parents have helped me but say they just can't any more because it is cutting in to retirement and they are 72 and 74. I really need these things and I cant find any help for my zip code until Saturday. Is there any where I can go today. Please help me.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

I have a newborn at home, and need help with paying rent. Lights are past due, they just reposed my car yesterday, and I'm about to lose my apartment. I am trying to do the best I can as a new Mom. I have contacted the Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, United 211, Salvation Army, Las Vegas Community Action Agency, etc. Please, please point me in the right direction as I have 7 days to pay or get out. Thank you so much for your time and energy. In addition to all of this we are obtaining custody of my step daughter because her mother is in jail, and currently working with DCF. So, we have court today, and we will figure out what happens with them mother and custody of my step daughter who is six. Please try to help this family in need. Thank you for your time and energy.
15Varet

Post by 15Varet »

I lost my Job back in July in Las Vegas Nevada, since then I have struggled to make the rent and bills make sense, unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up. My rent is past due as of today and I am interviewing as fast as possible, but I do not think we will be able to make it. My Fiancé and I are trying to do the best we can with what we have, and we are keeping our daughter fed, but the rent is too much for us this month. Next month I expect I should be employed and able to take the reins again, but right now, we just aren't making it and the utilities.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Get a new job. The market in Nevada is booming. To help you there, find details on Nevada low income assistance programs.
Also, move. There are affordable parts in Las Vegas in which the rent is much lower. Another option is of course a free food pantry. So you have a few resources to look into.
15Varet wrote:I lost my Job back in July in Las Vegas Nevada, since then I have struggled to make the rent and bills make sense, unfortunately, I have not been able to keep up.