Burial and funeral costs

State and local government assistance programs.
SAlameda
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Burial and funeral costs

Post by SAlameda »

Hello, I have been unemployed for four year and my mother recently died from cancer on July 15, 2013. The reason I am writing is, I made arrangements for my mom to be cremated and buried under good faith her life insurance policy would pay for her funeral expenses, Well, there is a problem with that. I was unaware my mom had the insurance policy less than years and they will not pay her for her funeral. I was wondering if there was a program that can help me pay for some of her funeral costs? Sincerely,
FreddieMac2

Re: Burial and funeral costs

Post by FreddieMac2 »

I have a friend who 4 month old baby who died from SIDS. We will be burying her in June. My friend job has told her take all the time you need but she has to pay for whole funeral out of pocket and paying her rent is becoming a issue we were told to find non profits that maybe could assist her this month. I need to know who I need a talk to or who can I contact.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes the city of Denver may pay for a portion of burial costs. This is a public benefit to very low income residents, and the county (or city) may help from time to time. So look into it, and call your county office. Learn more.
Rubio

Post by Rubio »

I am helping my husband’s family to come up with the money to have their uncle funeral services paid for and they have made arrangements and they will receive no money. Instead it will go straight to the funeral home. The amount of the funeral expenses is $7400.00, but my questions are:
1. They reside in Manassas?
2. The services is in Herndon Virginia?
3. Can they get assistance for a funeral?
If they can get assistance what needs to be done and what would you need from them? I am the child of the deceased, I can give you the funeral home name and number and deceased name as well and my contact info are as follows.
Doglover12

Post by Doglover12 »

Am a disabled Vet with limited income and have had to deal with the loss of my mother on 5/22/2015 and I am having difficulties in trying to make my limited income pay all of the expenses. I am basically lost because most of the programs and assistance listed does not exist in the area where I live and I have not even started the probate process yet for the funeral. Wondering what to do next?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't tell you what to do next. But we can refer you to programs that may help pay funeral bills. There are a few national organizations as well as government social service agencies to try. Between the two maybe you can get some form of help for burial, cremation costs, etc.
Doglover12 wrote:I am basically lost because most of the programs and assistance listed does not exist in the area where I live and I have not even started the probate process yet for the funeral. Wondering what to do next?