Home delivered meals

State and local government assistance programs.
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Home delivered meals

Post by Karma »

I have been living the past 8 years with a verbally above older brother. I have asked help from my pastor at St Lucile parish with no luck. I need help seeking housing as I am disabled, 60 years old & living on social security. I have called section 8 repeatedly & have gotten a recording stating they are not taking anymore names. I have also tried several government agencies to no avail. I could also use assistance with delivered meals, as I buy most food, my brother drinking most of his money, leaving me to make sure bills & food are paid. Please, I'm at my wits end...HELP ME !!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Home delivered meals

Post by Admin »

There is a program called Meals on Wheels. It is generally offered by the Salvation Army, but sometimes churches may participate as well. Yes, there is often a waiting list for any program, whether food or housing. These charities and non-profits also have limited resources and unfortunately not everyone can get help, especially with the high demand. The main resource is here for home delivered meals.
DowJ

Post by DowJ »

To Whom it May Concern:
I am employed by the Rowland Group, a temporary placement agency, and my current position is at Randstad. In the last month my family has faced difficult times, including medical issues and a death in the family that has taken me away from work several times. While we are usually able to pay our bills every month, we've fallen behind on utilities, rent, food for meals and other expenses this month.
We live in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Our rent is due as quickly as possible, but no later than the 30th and it is $850. We are also behind on our electric, gas, and water bills; as well as money for basic necessities such as food as well as diapers for our daughter, hot meals and gasoline for our car. Please let me know what I can do to receive any assistance provided.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meals on Wheels services can sometime help people that have had a death in the family. As they support survivors. For more details on this, try an Agency on Aging office in Oklahoma, as they often run them. As far as those other bills, since you are working at Randstad, a charity in Tulsa may be a good option for you.
DowJ wrote:To Whom it May Concern:
I am employed by the Rowland Group, a temporary placement agency, and my current position is at Randstad. In the last month my family has faced difficult times, including medical issues and a death in the family that has taken me away from work several times.
Sasha F1

Post by Sasha F1 »

Good afternoon, I have been trying to get through your lines for a home delivered Meals on Wheels but the recorder keeps coming on. I have a friend in the area of Avon Park, FL who is need of assistance. She has reached out for help through social media and is need of “emergency help”. I’m all for when there is cry out we need to listen. Her name is Carmine. She has no transportation and cares for her grandmother and needs meals and food delivered. She has stated she hasn’t eaten a decent meal in over a month and is financially in a bind. This young lady needs help! I live in Charlotte, NC and this is devastating to hear. Please if it is in your heart to please help this young lady and give her a call or send someone over to drop off food to her. This is really heavy on my heart. We may not be able to save all but we can surely try. God Bless her!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Try an Agency on Aging center in Highlands County Florida. They may be able to sign you up for, and enroll you into, a Meals on Wheels Service.
But if Carmine has no transportation, and is a caregiver, she sounds like a great candidate. She can try this for food assistance in Highland County.
Sasha F1 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:14 am Good afternoon, I have been trying to get through your lines for a home delivered Meals on Wheels but the recorder keeps coming on. I have a friend in the area of Avon Park, FL who is need of assistance. She has reached out for help through social media and is need of “emergency help”. I’m all for when there is cry out we need to listen. Her name is Carmine. She has no transportation and cares for her grandmother and needs meals and food delivered. She has stated she hasn’t eaten a decent meal in over a month and is financially in a bind. This young lady needs help! I live in Charlotte, NC and this is devastating to hear. Please if it is in your heart to please help this young lady and give her a call or send someone over to drop off food to her. This is really heavy on my heart. We may not be able to save all but we can surely try. God Bless her!