Programs for elderly on SSI

State and local government assistance programs.
Beamer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Programs for elderly on SSI

Post by Beamer »

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN. I WAS WONDERING IF YOU COULD GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION WITH RENTAL ASSISTANCE FOR MY ELDERLY PARENTS. MY MOTHER HAS HAD RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS SINCE SHE IS 36 YEARS OLD AND HAS NEVER BEEN ABLE TO RECEIVE DISABILITY BECAUSE SHE HADN'T WORKED ENOUGH QUARTERS SUPPOSEDLY. MY DAD HAS A HEART CONDITION AND HASN'T WORKED IN A YEAR OR MORE. THE ONLY INCOME THEY HAVE IS MY DAD SOCIAL SECURITY ( NORMAL OVER 65 STATE HELP). BOTH MY PARENTS ARE 70 YEARS OLD I GUESS I WAS JUST WONDERING IF THEY HAVE ALL THESE PROGRAMS TO HELP DRUG ATTICS AND UNWED MOTHERS PEOPLE NOT FROM OUR COUNTRY , WHY THEY DON'T HAVE MORE PROGRAMS TO HELP OUR ELDERLY IN AN EXTREMELY BAD ECONOMY? IF SOMEONE COULD GET BACK TO ME AS TO WHERE I CAN TURN TO GET THEM SOME KIND OF HELP ASAP I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THE SOONER THE BETTER.
Guyoda

Re: Programs for elderly on SSI

Post by Guyoda »

To whom it may concern:
My significant other had a major stroke to the brain in December 2013, since that time he has been through 3 brain surgeries and numerous hospital admissions and rehab. He just got out of the hospital after being in intensive care 10 days and hospital 19 days before discharged. I am writing this because He had the stroke at work and we have struggled the past 10 months to survive.
We have very limited income and I have him at home taking care of him because it is the best place for him considering his health condition and needed constant care. He is in a hospital bed, he is not able to stand, walk, or feed himself he is totally 100 % dependent on me doing everything for him. Catholic charities helped us couple months after he had the stroke and I am told they only help once in 3 years. Our rent is due the 3rd of August 1150.00 plus we have power and water and cable that has to be paid.

He draws 881.00 a month disability SSI, I draw 567. SS and he gets a 255.00 VA service connected check that just started last month. We are need 600.00 there about to pay this months bills. I have a job interview next Friday working part time, but that is going to be based on how well He is doing.. My daughter is a RN and has been awesome in assisting taking care of him.

If you can help or can put me in contact with someone that can I would be so happy and relieved from the stress that has almost killed me the especially the last few days worrying how I am going to pay this.( I just had kidney cancer and had kidney removed a few months prior to him having stroke). Under the circumstances with his health it is impossible at the time to move, but are keeping that as an option at such time he improves enough to make the transition.
Please help me if you can, I never thought I would be asking anyone to help me, I was going to college. I am 65 years old and he is 70. Both of us were doing great and enjoying life until that horrible night when the stroke took his body.
Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you, my rent is Due August 3. I talked to the manager, if they are guaranteed payment by a charity they will not do any eviction, it will keep us in good standing.
thank you again,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We are not sure if there are programs specifically for seniors on SSI. That is a good question. However, there is a referral serve, called locator. This is a tool that really anyone can use to find resources available to the, including for those needs you have. Maybe try the locator service and ask them for ideas. Here are details, and learn more on Eldercare Locator.
KU.G12

Post by KU.G12 »

I am without electricity and am on SSI and I can't pay my light bill. Is there any way someone could help the elderly? I have no way to get anywhere and it's really bad. My check is 730 a month; my rent is 600 a month and I am on SNAP. That's how I eat but I have been in dark for three days. I don't know where else to turn. I live in Tampa Florida 33619. If you could let me know if there's any one could help me please get back with me.